NEW URKS

Discussion in 'Bloodrock Orcs [URK]' started by Brian Thompson, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can't you just place a new guildstone?
  2. Alice Asteroid

Make a new guild, if it's such a pain to get people onto the old guild?
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Careful Alice. Xegugg is wound tight and might try to stretch your skin while you still wear it. Orcs are a stubborn lot and will not leave their clan but by death. Blood in, blood out
  4. Alice Asteroid

Eek! My apologies then, Xegugg. I'm not well-versed in Orc culture!
  5. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

It's been our abbrv. since 1997, should not have to change it.
  6. Alice Asteroid

I guess. Seems like losing three letters is a small price to pay if it meant you could grow your guild again. Then, when the guild changes come through you could switch back or something!
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  7. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I like how you abbreviated abbreviation.
  8. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

lol. I now have the urk stone. I will post later.
  9. bungfadda

bungfadda Member

Xegugg is the GM now for URK. and i am a proud new member of this clan. I never played an orcish kin before but it has turned out fun. Lots of people dont know you can pvp at the orc forts being an orc and not get counts. everyone is orange in that zone. I would love to see a bunch of the newer people on this server to make an orcish character. Its kinda fun not working about fancy armour and a million regs. I suggest going to the bloodrock clan web site and read up on this clan. They are a historic part of UO and its a shame the population is so low. Lets have some orc war fun ladys and gents! NOOOOOGRAHHHHH!!!!!
    Sockz, PaddyOBrien, Xegugg and 2 others like this.
  10. Brian Thompson

Brian Thompson New Member

Welcome to the hai, glad to see more people joining.. im ready for battle!!
    PaddyOBrien and Xegugg like this.
  11. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Maybe if a certain date was set, urks could gather at the fort and a human militia could be thrown together to invade the fort and fight. That would hopefully drum up some interest? it would be pretty awesome.
  12. Brian Thompson

Brian Thompson New Member

I think xeg, is in the middle of moving so after that set a date ill be there.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  13. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I will be moving soon. We can set something up and do in the meantime. Evenings after 8 cst. will work out best for me atm.
  14. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

I still have fond memories of playing in a Yew-based RP guild on Catskills back after Trammel was released. There would be about 30 people at the Empath Abbey split between a bunch of guilds, some defending the abbey and some set on attacking. After a short dialog between the two sides, pvp would break out and we'd have a fun night - every night. Well, about once a week or so everything would be interrupted by a third enemy -- the orcs. With no warning, most of the time mid-fight, all the people at the Abbey would be swarmed by 40+ orange con orcs (this is trammel, we were all RP warred with each other) and they'd essentially take over the Abbey or they'd die in the process. Once anyone died they'd have to wear a death robe for a certain amount of time, like 15-20 minutes or so. Looting of your own corpse was the only looting allowed. I just remember everyone lined up in death robes outside the abbey on the nights the orcs would win. Orcs running around gloating in their orc speach after they killed everyone, claiming the Abbey was theirs. It was quite fun.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Xegugg and PaddyOBrien like this.
  15. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

We were mainly on GL, we did do town take overs The Big Red Machine was when 25+ urk took over Minoc and everything in our march from compassion to Minoc. We did branch out for a bit to other servers but GL was always home.
    Taliic likes this.
  16. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

17. Romru

Romru Member

Are any of the Orc guilds still active? Played one back at release and would be interested in redoing if we have a group here.
    Cherie and PaddyOBrien like this.
  18. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Not sure but now would be the time to do it, we've actually got a pretty good thing going with The Great Council and a Britannian Guard within it, and Knights. Ask Xegugg in irc if anything is happening with the orcs, would be a good time to get them active again!
  19. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

OKay... to clear up some issues here.....BUM was started by my ex bf.. i left him a year and half ago,and have dropped out BUM completely..BUM is his baby...talk to Yub'Grub,Belok or Diablo about the keep....he Will not let it fall as hes a bit arrogant....it was started after Lud left and nooone was around then came back after we got it going.

and im not the trador....Yub'Grub is....from above........Bloodrock (URK) started fairly strong here but after a few months the initial shard excitement was wearing off and we started going through an inactive cycle, as orc clans often do on free shards. I think Cherie and her husband came right about then. To her credit she wanted to play an orc and when the Bludchuk'Hai went inactive she just formed her own clan. Of course when I returned someone told me they were traitors or forcs or something to that effect and to kill them on sight but I never really saw them except in that massive fortress in the desert. Of course we had a fortress or keep there when I left so initially I assumed something nefarious had happened. I believe I was eventually told we just let ours drop.

nice im so famous but dont hold all this on me plz.......as for my orcs...i still play them just not with anyone guild at the moment.....Shik'Bah and Naga is alive and well and very strong,
  20. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@Romru

We haven't really been active for a while. That said orcs are lazy by nature and don't tend to wake up until they see other orcs out having fun (pillaging, raiding, etc). Maybe you are the one to get thIngs rolling again.

I can't promise much but I can co-own you to a hut by the fort and candidate you to the stone (Xeg adds).

For that I only require that you go to www.bloodrockclan.com and make sure that you are on board with our rules/style.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016