Newbie guide to UOR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Momo, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Momo

Momo Member

Please ignore this thread if you have some experience in playing UO. This is intended for completely new players like me, who learned by asking... waaaayyy too much on IRC. It shows the steps I took to make about 2.1 mil in 4 weeks, starting new.

I had a great time playing in UOR for about 4 weeks. It was my first time playing Ultima Online. I have asked many questions, and tried to figure out how to play. So here is a guide for someone who is completely new to UO.. I’m sure veterans have better advice for new players.

I have read in IRC and forum about some players not being able to buy a house after a month of playing… Waaaat??? So I hoped to help them by the methods I used to make about 2mil total.

I made one character first. Not knowing what to do,i read the "New to Ultima Online Guide" what skills existed, what are stats, what are reagents, etc.... I read tamer is number one gold maker, but takes long to gm (took me 3 days to get 91% taming later...longest of skills I raised). Number two gold maker is a provo bard... which is pretty much a provo tamer without taming. So I opted for Bard/Mage at first.

One thing to remember is that almost everyone has GM crafter, tamer, etc....So you wont make much gold by crafting and selling, or selling horses (I seen people do this in Ocllo..no one buys horses). People pay well for only two things. Labor/Convenience and Luck. U can razor macro over night making potions, but anyone can do this(since most already have GM alchemist, scribe, crafter).. so they will pay a tiny bit more than the material cost.

Labor/Convenience = things anyone can do, but lazy to do. Such as cotton picking, selling bulk regs, crafting potions & scrolls, selling runebooks, full spellbooks, etc..

Luck = finding rares, magic weapons, event scrolls (recommended), if you get lucky. Almost anyone can get it.

---------------------------

Here is what I had in mind to make gold:

1. When Im AFK, I macro the skills I need to generate gold
    2. When Im not AFK, I try to get resources or gold, to AFK macro later…
    3. When I dont have any more Skills to GM, AFK macro to generate gold either killing or crafting.

Setting your stats & learning Razor to raise simple skills

Started with gm magery & provo at 50%.
    Step 1: Set Your Stats (no afk)
    Get 5k gold first! Pick cotton, ask others, chop logs in Ocllo.

With 5k gold. Buy up 700 skills from NPC (except camping). Use dagger on trees, get about 1000 kindling. Record it on Razor, change the target to “relativeLoc”. Move around getting all the kindling. Leave all skill arrows up… Now “try” to raise camping at 0% with all arrows pointed up. Dclick kindlings, channge Dclick by type. That raises all three stats. Stat max is 225, so adjust stats to 100str, 25dex, 100int. Now u can carry a lot of stuff & raising magery will be faster.

Step 2: GM music & hiding (afk macro)
    Get 20 tambourines from NPC, record dclick tambourine, and change dclick by type. Add UseSkill hiding to razor. You will gm music over night, hiding will be high 90's.. but you will be broke now after buying skills & tamberines.

GM Magery (important)
    Step 1: make 10k gold(buy regs) + 2k bandages (no afk)
    To make 10k, someone just gave me 10k… (thank you) If someone didint give u 10k, pick cotton & sell bandages. U dont need to keep them as cloths, everyone has Gm tailor, they want bandages only. With 10k, buy the regs needed to raise magery.

Step 2: Raise Magery (afk macro)
    Read "how to raise magery with resist". It costs less than raising without resist. Over night, it will burn through 10k worth of regs. You also want to make a new char with 50 healing / item identify to keep ur main alive, by healing with bandages. I had this healer char also item identify his dagger while healing. I planned this healer char to be afk macro factory for scrolls & potions later.

Step 3: Repeat step 2 & 3 (semi-afk)
    keep doing step 1 & 2 until gm magery. Forget about resist.

During the day time, if you get sick of cotton picking.. Read below on Generating Gold While Young Status.

GM Provo
    Step 1: Raise Provo (afk macro)
    You are still Young status. Go to Ocllo dungeon and macro provoking trolls by type. Even if someone kills them, they respawn. The trolls are separated by fences. Do this over night, and your provo will be about 70. You need it to be 71.1% provo. You should already have 100% music.. if not. go back to First.

Step 2: GM Provo (afk macro)
    Ask someone PS or TnT to borrow a provo house. You will need to provo sailors until GM. Take ONE gm instrument, and MANY NPC instruments.. Start with GM instrument to raise to 72% provo. Throw your GM instrument away, then continue afk macro with NPC instrument until GM.

Now you should have GMs in: Music / Provo / Hiding / Magery / Meditation / Eval Int / about 95% resist

---Generating Gold While Young Status ---

Go to Ocllo dungeon. Your targets are:

1. Smaug (Drake)
    2. Ratmen
    3. Executioner

You should run a cycle of these steps.

1. Run to Smaug, and cast 1 bladespirit.
    2. Run out to Ratmen, and kill Red Shirt Ratmen with Energy Bolt (he dispells bladespirit)
    3. Cast bladespirit onto Ratmen
    4. Run to Executioner, and cast 2 bladespirit.
    5. Run to Smaug, loot & get hide… cast 1 bladespirit (it will kill the next spawn of Smaug)
    6. Run to Ratmen, loot & get hide
    7. Run to Executioner, loot & go back to step 1.

Each cycle will net you approx. 2k gold per cycle, takes about 2 min per cycle. It will also get you many hides which can be sold later (sold the hides I got from here for 77k total.. 55k from Ratmen, 22k from Smaug)

---Generating Gold While Non-Young Status AFK

REMOVED. IM NOT SURE IF UNATTENDED FARMING IS LEGAL OR NOT..

I also had an afk potion + scroll factory, but turns out it is not profitable. I still have about 2k gate scrolls, 30 kegs of explo, etc… just unused and unsold. Much better to AFK hunt, or AFK buy regs when you are AFK & sell for profit.

---Gold Breakdown in Young Status ---

1. elf xmas scrolls= all I needed was GM magery to cast bladespirit to kill elves. And GM provo to get other monsters to kill casting elves. Got 2 scrolls from Ocllo dungeon. Sold at 500k per. (1 mil)
    2. AFK scorp killing= gained about 19 plat. I sold most. I could have keep doing this but.. I wanted to try other skills like taming, so I stopped this.. to raise skills instead. (120k) I also quit playing after couple nights of doing this.
    3. Leather from Young Ocllo dungeon, sold for (77k)
    4. Loot from Young Ocllo dungeon , also sell gems & armor (130k)
    5. Magic weapons from Young Ocllo dungeon , use identify/heal char to identify bags of magic weapons. Sell the slayer weapons, toss everything else. Tried selling power/vanq at 1k each.. wasn’t worth the trouble (120k from selling 4 magic weapons)

After these, I killed a bunch of Frost Ogre Lords & Dragons with provo and magic. And got a bunch of magic weapons & treasure maps to sell again. Also killed some unique looking wyrms and Azure dragon to get peculiar meat & treasure maps to sell. (sold pec meats, at 23k. treasure maps at 15k per).

At one time, I did raise lockpicking to open dungeon chests while killing dragons & balrons.. This added more gold and magic weapons.. but I started to raise taming to 91% then quit the game.

The total was added to having about 2.1mil… but I could be off a bit…I bought couple houses and random items not knowing what they do. But mainly, i did not buy anything from vendors except 1 full spellbook, 8 runebooks (to autobuy regs, hunting locations, homes, etc…), and some alchemy rares thinking I needed it to make potions…… lol all I needed was 7gp mortar&pestle from NPC!

I hope this helps a new player. Sorry for the long post. I stopped playing UO, but hopefully a new player can take advantage of this guide as a help… To me the Razor part was more fun than the game itself!

If any new players need help with razor macros, PM me on the forum and I shall help (although there are many more experience players). For my houses, I shall let them IDOC. (one near Cove, one near Compassion).

p.s. plz dont pm me about a new shard im joining.. I'm not joining a new shard... Im just not playing UO.

Thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Halabinder, Fraggle, Airin and 2 others like this.
  2. Momo

Momo Member

btw... i did not know the etiquette of not talking about other shards..... so if any of this guide is either wrong, bad, against rules, or against... etiquette, plz PM me and I shall remove that part.
    RavenMagi likes this.
  3. Glyph_Shiro_Yuzo

Glyph_Shiro_Yuzo New Member

Not to be a downer but wont that get you banned/jailed for unattended farming/killing:eek:.
    Everything else looks good though :)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  4. Momo

Momo Member

Ah! Is unattened farming not legal??
  5. Glyph_Shiro_Yuzo

Glyph_Shiro_Yuzo New Member

http://www.uorenaissance.com/conduct

• • You may not kill monsters unattended using any means.
    • • You may not gather items and resources unattended.
    ya its not legal ;)

great idea though
  6. Momo

Momo Member

Removed! Didnt know!

I was not killing unattended. You tame and other monsters kill that tame, new one spawns.. i believe that is how everyone raised taming.

Plz dont afk macro looting it. It seems that is illegal.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

this has been so fun to watch... I hope it never ends