newbie question about weapon special attack

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Geo, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

So when I passed the threshold for primary and secondary attack I didn't notice any kind of change in the interface. Last I remembered there was an icon that told what your primary and secondary attack were based on your weapon and you could drag it into your skill bar (this was post samurai empire I think). I didn't even know primary and secondary weapon attacks were in this game lol.

How do I know what they are/do them?
  2. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

We don't have that. We have 2h fencing weps doing paralyze blow, war hammer can get 25% dmg bonus and wrestling can stun with anatomy oh and axes can drop int in concussion blow. The are automatic bonuses not toggles. Archery ain't got shit
  3. Geo

Geo Active Member

Oh k thanks. When someone said paralyzing blow with spear I thought that maybe the primary and secondary attack system had been implemented. Kind of glad to hear its not but its a bummer that it sounds like bows and maces are somewhat left behind. I mean spears can already poison so paralyze too?
  4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can only poison 1h weapons, special attacks are only done with 2h weapons. All weapon types have a special attack. Macing has crushing blow, fencing has paralyzing blow, swords has concussion blow and archery has ranged attack (100% proc rate, talk about OP!)
  5. Geo

Geo Active Member

ohhhk got it. Thanks for the clarification!