Nightmare and dragon control

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Willy, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

hey so I remember back in the day you could control a dragon and mare before you could tame them. Any idea on those numbers? As far as lore and taming needed to ride and control a mare. And numbers to control a dragon. Thanks!
  2. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't think you can even own a mare or dragon w/o the required taming to tame one. I could be wrong.
  3. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Hmm well that's what I was afraid of. Trying to muster up the patients to start a tamer.
    Is there info on the skill needed to tame those? A chart or website?
  4. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

Do a search on the front page of uor website doe taming. There are a coupel of guides for taming, includings charts. A tamer provides you more opportunities on this shard. I recommend you make one and while the road to get to the end is painful, the rewards are very sweet.
  5. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Yeah trying to figure out my template as we speak!
  6. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What do you plan on using the tamer for?
  7. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

for a first time tamer you will have a lot of difficulties gaining skill to 71.1 and then it get easier with the ability to AFK at the bull pens and so it is normally a complete waste of a skill unless you plan to have a hybrid template, then look up @Keza and the OzzyTank (well worth a look anyway)

do the research.
    my 3 tamers have the most common templates:

animal taming
    animal lore
    veterinary
    magery
    meditation
    evaluation inteligence
    resisting spells

taming
    lore
    vet
    mage
    med
    music
    provo

taming
    lore
    vet
    mage
    med
    music
    disco*

1, PVP
    2, multiple target PVM
    3, single target PVM

*Peacemaking is an option but is not ideal due to peace breaking and the possibility to be attacked
  8. Rextacy

Getting to 71.1 is one of the easier parts

Throw a small shop down in compassion and set it up w tables and a trash can. Set up macro for scorpians and snakes. You'll be 71.1 less than a day
  9. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

depending on the method @T.K

IF you are cleaver and do the research you might follow Mutombo's guide and at least place a workshop in the desert and lure every scorpion and snake you can to the awaiting tamer... then gathering about 300 kindling for the skill bump to tame bulls... then about 3 days later you have a GM tamer and a bag full of deathrobes.

otherwise the unprepared will be running about somewhere like Moonglow taming anything that moves and taking hours to find the right animals to tame.

its not so difficult, otherwise I wouldn't have 3 tamers in 2 months from only being able to 'Play' after an hour or so a day
    Rextacy likes this.
  10. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Damn i already raised my stats! shouldnt have jumped on the firt guide i read :(
    going with the mage tamer
  11. Rextacy

If your making a tamer to farm. I would go with a Provo tamer or eval resist tamer.

If farming on a Provo tamer, you can easily avoid damage from mobs but are vulnerable to pk's so having pots and magic reflect up is needed..

Eval tamer you are a little more vulnerable to mobs as they will not be able to be controlled as well as a Provo tamer would BUT you can defend and attack pks back when needed. Both good templates and can be used for multiple scenarios.
    Nusir likes this.