Nightmare Spawn Rate

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by fatchildren, Sep 19, 2017.

1. fatchildren

fatchildren Active Member

Been trying to tame my first mare but have not seen a single nightmare in oasis, twin bridges, cyclops etc for the past 3 days!

How frequent are the spawn rates? Are nightmares that rare?

Thanks guys!
  2. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

They spawn in like every 24-28 hours, iirc. Many people are watching the spawns regularily so you need to do that too. Just hang in there! Do you know of all five spawns? Except Oasis, twin bridges and cyclops there's one in Wind Park and in the dungeon of Terathan keep, on bottom level far inside the dungeon part by a small swamp patch.

- Member of cA, care for Animals
    One and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Couple years ago I was taming nearly every mare that spawned. Now a lot more tamers are playing and I doubt it's as easy
    Animal Control likes this.
  4. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

they spawn randomly in 12-36 hours window for public information
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I swear I seen the one in wind twice in 8 hours time.

Though you can use tactics to know when they spawn if you were afk, that doesn't serve a major purpose really other than to assume it will be at least several hours before it has a chance to appear again.

Also the two bridges area has a huge radius so you really won't see if that one appeared while afk anyway, as it likely would be off screen.

Besides it takes like 3 minutes to check all 5 spots if you have a rune to each spawn and a t2a passage rune in a blessed book. If not assume about 5 minutes to check em all recalling from your bank.

Don't be discouraged from getting them, just check em once or twice an hour when you're playing solo and you will see a few a week at least. Most of time you will see someone else taming em first but you should manage some.

Or just use your common dragons and farm gold to buy them for less time invested, but that takes some fun out of it, I still enjoy taming that crappy 499/499/86/88 mare and giving it away.
    One likes this.
  6. fatchildren

Thanks for the reply guys. Been checking the spawns every 30 minutes daily. Still no sign, guess its just my luck ... Dragons all over the place, but nightmare spawns are gg ><
  7. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Guilds got the spawns timed down so competition for mares is a little higher
  8. fatchildren

Anyone got some spawn times that I can follow? Saw some in a thread a while back but its way off as it was years ago! Just a solo player trying to get a mare... haha.
  9. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

How could guilds time the spawns if they vary between 12-36 hours?
  10. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Once you know the time of the last spawned you get a better sense as to when to look for them instead of checking all throughout the day. They only spawn once per day. A couple hours or so difference from when last one spawned. Not 100% sure but its around that time frame
  11. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

But they spawn every 12-36 hours, there are still 14 hours of unknown in there. It's a little edge but not really timed down?
  12. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

I've heard people say it's 12-36 hours but that never made sense to me as they also say once a day. Wouldn't every 12 hours be up to twice a day?

I have tamed many a mare, and I still don't see a pattern. At one point I would log location and time in notepad and compare when I felt I got the same one back to back, and I still never noticed a method.

Checking once a twice an hour and getting lucky is how I feel it's best. There may be a secret to success but to me the "labor" of spending 5 minutes an hour is the method. Granted I'm on a pretty obscene amount of time and my results are probably better than someone who may only be around a couple hours a day.

If you want some lesser desired mares that you wish to adopt from my foster home (I try to rescue them as some players kill them on sight if stats don't match their desire!) Lemme know. Most don't require an adoption fee if they are a rescue @fatchildren