No House Entry if Flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Xegugg, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Should an aggressor be able to enter a house if flagged?

It was once on osi where you could not enter a house if flagged, I would like to see that here.
    Liberation, willie, newme and 3 others like this.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

oh I LIKE that

[​IMG]
    willie, newme, wylwrk and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    newme likes this.
  4. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

During AoS you could not enter a house if you were flagged. It was also once on OSI where pets/tames would not stay flagged on a target once that target invised.
    newme likes this.
  5. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

i would also like to see that implemented, along with provo'ing and disco'ing pets being aggressive actions
    Meradin and newme like this.
  6. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

Is there another reason or is your only reason that it existed at some point on OSI? Lots of stuff existed on OSI we don't want here. So what?
  7. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I assume the reasoning is to stop people from being able to attack someone or a group of people then immediately run into their nearby house when the fight goes sour for them. It would serve the same purpose as the recall restriction.
    newme likes this.
  8. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I remember something about that on OSI, since it fits well with the recall restriction, I see no reason why it couldn't be added. ( if it doesn't add tons of more work, lol)
    Oh Mes.. those two pics..laughed so hard in real..they so fit the text. :D
  9. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

I support this halfway, I think if a person is an aggressor that should not be allowed in a house they are friended Or coowned too or the owner of. If we stop aggressors from entering all houses this Will only cripple PVP more. Now if I kill you and loot your house key I have to wait 3 mins to unflag ? Bullshit. I would literally quit on the spot if this happens.
  10. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

It's nice of you to attempt to fill in the posts of others punt. Why should a house be treated differently than a gate? Gates do not disallow entry if flagged. I don't really care if it was on OSI at some point (it wasn't this way on OSI as well) and houses are not recall spells, so I don't see why they should be treated the same. You're going to need a lot more than this.

Then again, "I think this benefits me and my group and therefore support it" doesn't have much of a ring to it. It would be nice if you guys tried to think more on how this benefits others, the server, or gameplay, than only to suggest and support ideas which you think make you better off. Good luck with your idea Xeg.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Meradin likes this.
  11. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Is this aimed against forced entry? (See Meradins post above)
  12. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

No, this post is aimed at stopping people from aggressing and then escaping into their houses because Mes and co. don't like it and they think it helps them. They didn't think much beyond that, which is why the post and all its support is roughly 3 sentences.
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There were gate restrictions on OSI. I think it was both for casting and entering gates (and moongates) for criminal or aggressors. But it's been so long I can't say for certain how the mechanic worked.

But this thread is more about pvp on the server. Some people come out of a house to cast terrible flamestrike dumps just to go running right back into another. It's a silly game of whack-a-mole.

Tbh I don't expect a change. But AoS did have restrictions because of how cheeseball pvp became. Some people only pvp from a doorway.
    Xegugg likes this.
  14. Meradin

Iago is on point here, " this will make life easier for US" is the main argument here. Without thought to how this would affect the rest of the server on a whole. at what point does the servers over all health and well being over ride your care and concern for your own guild. Seeing as how the two are irreversibly connected
    Iago likes this.
  15. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I just would like to see it is all. No need to make a 5 page diarrhea thread. House are to live in, not a protective crutch.
    newme likes this.
  16. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Sound's pretty okay, if you are the agressor. On the other side, the attackers dont have to house camp the FS casting players inside their houses, so the problem wouldn't exist at all.

Anyway, some more thoughts about the why or an explanation in the initial post would certainly help this cause. I am out. :)
  17. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I've never seen people whine so hard to be able to house hide. If you don't want to fight, don't start a fight, plain and simple. if we were constantly fighting from houses I guarantee the lot of negative Nancy's here would lobby for changes such as this. House hiding isn't pvp, this would be huge for promoting pvp on the server.
  18. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't ever recall that on OSI.
    Reveal, ban/remove.
  19. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I do find it amusing the two outspoken people against this change are notorious house hiders. It's also already turning into a case of "we don't like TT, therefore we will disagree with any suggestion brought forth by them".

I think it would be an enhancement to pvp on the server as a whole because I don't like house hiding "pvp". I fully expect this to never get implemented either.
    Liberation likes this.
  20. Meradin

This is just not as simple as that for the most part a lot of players have secured courtyards where they are un attackable or Immune to harassment . As much as I would love to spend time outside of your guys houses when you are low on numbers like you do too many others, camping houses well into some players midnight - 3 am hours. Trust us, that as soon as we have the money to afford proper lodging for a guild like you have already we will acquire and use it. When this happens you will no longer be able to harass us as you have been therefore limiting your frustration with the fact that you cannot just continue to kill us as much as you like.