No House Entry if Flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Xegugg, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

And let me restate I would be in favor of the aggressor being unallowed into friend or owned homes. Not a blanket no entry to homes. This would have repercussions on a certain player base that is already stifled with restrictions and blocks. House looters.
  2. Attila

Attila Active Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Iago, The Crooked Warden and Meradin like this.
  3. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

An aggressor and a criminal is not the same thing. Aggressor is someone who has initiated combat with another player within the last thirty seconds.

edit: Anyways I don't expect a change. It's annoying when people will do something like open a gate and use their pets on you then hop through and run into a house. And certain pvpers will always have a house near any place they're willing to pvp so they can run into it. Guys like Sandro and Jleem didn't do this. They showed up and duked it out from start to finish or they ran if they needed to. Last night there was some small amounts of action it's become so well known that certain people will always run right into a house during any fight that nobody even cares to engage them.
  4. Meradin

If I legit pk you, find a rune to your house, I shouldn't have to wait any amount of time to enter it.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

On principal I'd agree with you - except the problem is that magical i ban thee's shouldn't remove people from homes in an unimpeded sandbox game. Aggressors not being able to enter private houses is a pretty fair compromise (and one that was patched into production servers.)
  6. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Taylor Swift_11-15_20.31.jpg

Horrible flamestrike dump.
    ebola and Iago like this.
  7. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Dislike. By the time AoS was implemented, the game had been trammelized beyond recognition. If people need to use a house to escape a gank, they should have that ability. There should never be any restriction to your ability to enter your own house. Don't want to play whack a mole with people? Then don't camp their houses. End of story.
    Iago likes this.
  8. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Horrible screenshot but Oren (some faceless newb) died there. The background to this story is how I ran into Sproll outside TG house.. I quickly flagged on him and instantly John Galt, Crimson Heart, Oren, and some Dank Nugget recalled in. I ran to Chaos Tower, the two guys I were in voice wanted to join in after 3minutes or so. I told them sure.. why not there is 5 of them. Suddenly Daemons were summoned by the enemy and we grabbed 1 bar of Oren and quickly dropped him then pulled back in. SL got wise and decided to not stay outside our line of sights.
  9. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I liked house restrictions when gate fighting during AOS. I don't think it'll work out to well here. Besides killing someone and looting their house, avoiding the inevitable zerg recalling in, pets and all... leave it how it is. I just don't recommend camping outside someones house, it's not a smart idea and in most cases gets nowhere.
    Meradin likes this.
  10. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

There are no gate restrictions here... and gates are not houses. If you wanted to make a post on aggression generally across a number of game mechanics, then go ahead and do that. This lazy "it was like it on osi" post contributes nothing. We had to wait half a page to get any support beyond that whatsoever. If others really were "disagree because TT," then why would I and others support a number of other changes many of you want (such as pet AI changes, all guard me changes, pet aggro changes, and a number of other things). Whoops. You're just doing the same dance we've all seen which fools no one but yourselves.

This is a bald-faced, naked attempt to get a mechanic changed which you think doesn't benefit you because you guys die like the derps you are to people 1/2 and even 1/3 your number while you camp houses. Just like all of your other suggestions. No discussion about how it benefits people generally, makes sense intuitively, or helps the server gameplay or the pvp scene. Of course it was going to turn into a diarrhea thread.

Lots of stuff was different on OSI. There were no such house restrictions during the ren era or before. So, frankly, so what if it was that way at one point on OSI. OSI was a completely different game than this server in AoS. If houses weren't meant to be in some way protective, you wouldn't have the ban/eject function of the game. Of course they are which is why the mechanic existed. Furthermore, intuitively, it's ridiculous that your own house would deny you entry. To overcome that, you're going to have to muster up more than what is essentially "I'm upset I constantly die to 'terrible flamestrike dumps' while I camp." Judging by your past behavior and post, goOOOooOoOOod luck, you're going to need it.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    bart simpson and Puck like this.
  11. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

That's the thing. I knew if I stuck around that you'd just house hide. So I leave. Of course as soon as people recall you all run out to dump on someone and run back in. I recall in and you're back in your house and obviously not coming out again. It's not like you got anything but murder counts and no loot anyways. But this is the kinda cheeseball stuff that makes pvp on the server silly. Same for CoM and their houses they hide in. Same for TG and Jack White and their houses. If you want to fight someone it has to take place near a house or they'll gate to one asap.

Anyways obviously nothings going to change. But I liked that in AoS there was atleast some window where people would have to legit run instead of just run back into a house.

And to the guy that called AoS trammel, obviously didn't pvp in AoS...biggest fights in the game happened during AoS.
    Meradin likes this.
  12. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I don't understand your thinking. I attacked Sproll by myself and 4 more SL recalled in. I was house hiding for 3 minutes BY MYSELF in the chaos tower with 5 of you outside of it.

And I will agree with Mes AoS PvP was not trammel. it was amazing. yeah there was item insurance and lower reg cost but this just ment MOAR FIGHTS
    Meradin likes this.
  13. Meradin

We hide when we cannot compete with the numbers/players. If we can stand on the field or have a chance of winning we do, I really cannot believe a bunch of honorless duel pit gankers have the audacity to expect others to have "Honor" with them.

Ok Mes since you guys seem to be having such a problem dealing with people hiding from you in their houses, I will take this time to educate you on a few ways a person could combat this.

Stealther- Stealth up to said house, keep two red boxes with 10 red boxes in each, people run out to engage your friends? drop said boxes on porch and chop them, effectively making it take quite some time for them to pick up ten boxes just to get in one door...

Stealther-Energy Field Scrolls! they stay up for quite some time....

Regular chars can use Energy field too!!!

Just incase your wondering, the thieves guild offers our services for almost anything, instead of complaining about the mechanics, how about you grab your nuts, and figure out a way to deal with the problems you face.....Lord knows the rest of us have to deal with you.
    Iago likes this.
  14. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Aite well my recollection is different but I wasn't there the whole time. The entirety of the time I was there it was 3 reds except for the time bart was dead. I just recall in when people come out of houses and chase them into other houses. I've been doing it for years now between you and CoM guys. Ebola has a stupid house in every place you'd think to fight. Earlier on there were pvpers that duked it out but nowadays the sandro's and jleems are on to other things.
  15. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with honor. I don't think duel pits should be safe zones - but I like felucca mechanics personally. People should duel in their house or have to deal with thieves/outside interference. In 2000 if you rolled up to dungeon wrong on test center you'd find Tomo, tons of guns, metalhead- from qop or the pk-hq.com gang dueling in the open. If you attacked someone it was perfectly legal but you'd have a fight on your hands. It was a great time in UO.

There's not really any lessons you can teach me about blocking people in from entering houses. We've certainly done stuff like ghost recall spots and then box it up and have people recall in surrounded. This doesn't really change that right now 75% of pvp is guys running out of a house to cast a combo then clenching their buttholes and running back inside.

It's not really a big deal. Xeg posted a suggestion. I said I liked it (and I do). It won't happen here. We know this.

And as some of you have said - the obvious thing is don't bother fighting guys house hiding. This is sound advice tbh. But it would be nice if garbagios couldn't just attack people and gate into their house. Same reason you can't touch the event center gate or a moongate as an aggressor anymore.
  16. Meradin

You don't think 4 guys on horseback running up on 2 well established PvPers dueling on foot in the pits and ganking them when they exit, not allowing them to mount up is dishonorable? Well sir, it appears you and I will never see eye to eye. Any further discussions would just be a waste of both our time.
  17. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It's not really a question of honor. It's a question of should felucca UO allow you to attack a player or not. I think it should. Even if you're in a GZ you should have the option.

If you're asking will I attack my enemies if they're on foot dueling - probably. I have plenty of times in the past. The great thing about felucca is I should have the option in theory.

Let's say you're looting someone's house. Should it be disallowed because people don't want you to loot their house? Let's say you're stealing some guy's regs in town. He doesn't want you to do this. Should it be illegal? A bannable offense perhaps? Should we light the torches of gondor?
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Kane and Xegugg like this.
  18. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I think fighting people with unique names, not as if you were a level 1 on world of warcraft killing creatures with the same name 'a wolf' to get to level 2, would be a huge start to remembering what type of game this is.. I've heard from 10 to 20 new people that have been settling in on UOR say they're not quite sure how long they're going to stick around because they think it's super corny and have never seen more than 2 people abuse it, let alone 20 on one faction and 10 on the other... instead of worrying about things like house aggro which was never a problem, on the contrary it made owning very good house locations incredibly worthwhile. Why not simply work on things that 90% of the pvpers trying this server are quitting over within a month or two? Just my 2 cents and I know nearly 3/4 of the veteran pvpers and newer pvpers that I've asked if they're ok with 10v10 same name battles said they can't imagine pvp continuing if it doesn't eventually change. There will just be 10 reds ganking a blue like it is now... I would know I'm in voice with pkers who who have been saying how dead it's been for months, because we sure as fuck are not gonna go play 10v10 same name gaymes
    Iago likes this.
  19. Theodin

Sorry for going on so long; but why not work on a minor problem that more than half the server completely agrees shouldn't be in the game than trying to make this game as trammel friendly for everything tt needs it to be? They got lvl 7s as an instance, you can dispel the harrower gates.. so anything they wanna do they can do it more easily than the game was designed.. but we have to get a headache and ask for 2 years for something so minor to be fixed? It's no wonder it's empty as fuck everywhere you go 99% of the time and why every new pvper doesn't play for over a month or two
  20. Theodin

Speaking of fellucca how's trammel treating ya I've heard of many tram implementations since I've been gone. Telamon treating yall good I can see