No House Entry if Flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Xegugg, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't buy the whole "we don't fight because of The Dank Nuggets having the same name" business. Let me tell you, I haven't logged onto my factioners in ages, in fact the last time i logged my scribe on I had gained points from being inactive so long. People don't pvp because they see people like you whine about it. Let's also keep in mind that the hardcore pvpers of the server have never had a problem with it. When Sandro and Roman were in the field do you think they cared what our names were? Not at all, they brought the fight regardless and were a force to be reckoned with. The problem here is with the resolve of the competition, of which they are lacking. I don't recall ever crying to anyone when I was the only SL still playing here and you guys were ganking me on "on me" characters all day. The only thing to be changed here is how you guys handle competition, instead of sitting around crying all the time about it why not just bring the fight and find new and innovative ways to do so? I got pummeled by all kinds of people when I got here, Bart and Genocide literally tried to run me off the server, CoM ganks you would swear I was embellishing they were so ridiculously one sided; I persevered and decided to bring the fight rather than sit back and whine about how everyone was too strong or using tactics I didn't like. You guys need to buck up, put your big boy panties on and get out and fight rather than lobby against pvp when you don't even take part in it.
    Punt likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Kane likes this.
  3. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Make your own thread.
  4. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

This is a public forum that you posted in xeg. If you wanted a TT circle jerk you shoulda kept your whining to your private IRC msgs with Kane. Let's remember one thing, this is a TT thread about changing game mechanics because they can't handle it. I suggest all of you read Kane's post about pulling your panties up.... The irony...
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... And to think, in a week or so it'll be thanksgiving!

Everybody get in here for a group hug!
  6. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

It is myself posting, not on behalf of my guild, nor does my post say that. You all took it upon yourselves to make it about TT. I guess I was so wrong thinking I was an inidividual, my bad forgot the masses can't see that.;)

I feel if a person is going to run out of their house or area(and gate to a house) to attack someone, there should be reprocussions for it as an aggressor. This is not in favor of anyone/group. If other acts have a timer for actions, I don't see why not be being able to re-enter a house if you chose to be an aggressor, even if a gate out of an area to a house., The person chose their actions and there should be a penalty instead of using a safety crutch. I feel there should be a timer for actions. It's something I see actively happening.
  7. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

How can I respond to your request without addressing the only expoiser you have to the problem? Your connection to this request is solely due to your membership in TT and friendship with a group that is notorious for house camping...your argument there is absurd. No one is hiding from Xeg as a individual gimme a break here people. Have the guts to admit you drank too much wine one night and made a post about something that would obviously cause drama, as well as get a response from the people you (YOUR GUILD) house camp.
  8. Preyas

Preyas Active Member

This is an odd proposal. Why should I be disallowed to enter property that I own if I am flagged? It disrupts the feeling of a natural environment and restricts an unrestricted space. It would be weird to see a system notification saying "You currently are not allowed in to your house." as it tosses you under the sign.

Would you also be suggesting that if an aggressor was following a player, the aggressor would not be allowed in their home? We might as well ask to remove the option to ban people from your house.
  9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Well you made an excellent point right up until you supported saying i ban thee. It's true that it doesn't make sense that some magical barrier would prevent you from entering an area.

However by that same token why should saying I ban thee or remove thyself have any effect?
  10. Preyas

Preyas Active Member

I was never (am not) a fan of the ban option and did not state that I support it.

While we are shedding light on the housing options, some home doors are made of wood and I should be able to knock those doors down to loot the house, correct? But we also have "lock down" tables and trash barrels that we can not tip over. The point I am making here is that the mechanics should be done as a whole. I support being able to flee back my house. At the same time, if you are the aggressor and you enter my house somehow, it is my opinion that I must defend it without some divine force removing you.

This leads us to bigger issues on home defense. What if I close the door and one of you are already inside? You are free to open the door from the inside and let everyone through. The easy solution would be to require keys to enter and exit a house. The fun solution would be to have house traps that you could purchase.
  11. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I think people are missing the part where this only applies if YOU attack someone. All this really means is if you start something you would have to be prepared to finish it or to flee on foot rather than attacking people with the thought of being able to just run away into your house if the fight doesn't go how you'd like it to.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Yes this debate is about heat of battle essentially. Which we had a couple years ago on the server, although it never applied to houses here. I don't care to have some debate with hyperbolic comparisons where we talk about how wizards aren't real and test Godwin's Law.

The point is it's cheesy for people to start fights then escape to a safe zone. There's quite a bit of UO history that involved mechanics that prevented this - eg criminal timer, heat of battle on moongates or recalling, and even heat of battle upon attempting to enter a private house. Many of these mechanics exist on this server as well so it's not some foreign concept.
    Kane likes this.
  13. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

This would be awesome combined with a restriction on how many people you can call in to outnumber your opponent.

1) TT overwhelmingly ganks everyone on server including solo players
    2) everyone just house hides because they know the gank is being called
    3) TT wants the entire mechanics of the game changed to allow them to overwhelmingly gank any and everyone

sound about right?

point being, ganking is part of the game, so is house hiding.
    Iago and Meradin like this.
  14. orb

orb Active Member

Wow. Where is that poll about how far are we along towards ultra Trammel rule set?
  15. napo

napo Well-Known Member

House hiding is bad for the pvp scene. I see there are some people that want to paint us a notorious house campers, but I would point out that houses tend to mysteriously appear around the places we fight. For example, when fights started happening at bucs people started to acquire houses in the area and now every pvp group on the server (except for SL) owns a house within a stone's throw of bucs.

Anyway, house hiding is a problem. As you can see, we will never be able to have a legitimate discussion about why it is bad because people will (and already have) show up to say "you're TT so it's a bad idea".
    Xegugg likes this.
  16. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Add this to the list of threads where TT all back each other up on an idea that will help their playstyle almost exclusively. Meanwhile, every other person on the forums disagrees. I'm guessing your motivation for this stems from your inability to gank your enemies on YOUR TERMS. This is obvious fuel for the classic TT bait with one toon while 5-7 others wait to recall in. *cringe*
    Iago likes this.
  17. napo

napo Well-Known Member

ad hominem is a logical fallacy. You should debate the validity of the argument, not the identity of the speaker. I expect this concept to be completely lost on you, and for the concept of impartiality to be beyond you.
    Liberation and Mes like this.
  18. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Step 1: TT member posts an idea that is heavily slanted to benefit them in forums.

Step 2: Every other TT member jumps on board and tries to make it seem "popular" and show solidarity.

Step 3: The rest of the server explains why it's a terrible idea and nobody wants it.

Step 4: TT makes personal attacks and maintains that it's a "great idea" and cries when it isn't implemented...while maintaining that the idea is "good for the server" or "not trammel", while simultaneously crying about being singled out and treated unfairly.

Side note: This idea would catch flak from me regardless of who presented it.
  19. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

The rest of the server? It's like 4 people opposed dude. Most people don't care because they're not out playing musical houses.
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

If you find yourself writing out the OP's guild tag three times in your post then you probably are attacking the speaker and not the topic.
    Liberation likes this.