No House Entry if Flagged

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Xegugg, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm happy to address the topic AGAIN.

I'll keep it simple. You should be able to enter your house whenever you want for any reason, regardless of flags, time of day, number of people crying outside, phase of the moon, whether or not Kane is menstruating, status of harrower, color of your footwear, etc.

If you want more people to PVP with, work on actions that will encourage it rather than force it. The idea of punishing someone who is near their property line for being baited into attacking someone with backup a recall away is silly. If people want to engage near their property, that's their choice. Not to mention the coding issues this would create with attacking people who got into your house, resist parties, courtyard invaders, attacking out your front door...
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Why? Do you have any reasoning other than personal attacks or nonsense phrases? Or is this just something that 'should' be 'because?' Is it about being accurate to some era? Is it about game immersion? If it doesn't make sense to not be able to enter a house, why does it make sense to be able to ban someone? Is this purely about how you view certain groups on the server or perhaps something you consider vital to being able to participate in pvp yourself?

All we're talking about is not being able to enter a private house for 30 seconds after the last aggression you made (like it was during the AoS era). Kind of like how at one time on this server you couldn't recall for 30 seconds after initiating combat (as was era accurate.)

EDIT: Do I need to point out how silly it is that in order to get some people to step off their porch you have to leave one character out as bait, wait for them to track and ghost the area until they're convinced it's a 5on1, then they finally come out to gank. But if you recall in 4 more people to make it an even fight they'll rush back into their house and piss and moan on IRC instead?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I'd say the problem is more that you're trying to force pvp on your terms at someone else's house... It makes no sense in any way to disallow entry to your own home. This would discourage pvp even more. There is too much grief potential.
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Hmm I don't think that having to fight or run constitutes griefing nor discourages pvp. If you have the option to fight your attacker then you aren't being griefed. Griefing means a player is doing something to annoy/harass you and game mechanics won't allow you to try to stop/kill/avoid him. Like someone in trammel is leading spawn on you, or somehow blocking you from moving, or even just talking trash from a safe zone. When you're in the event center and someone is running their mouth - that's what griefing is.

PvP was much better on this server before heat of battle was removed. Battles would go on for 30minutes+ and move start in one town and end in another. People didn't just run around with a recall held and something racist typed out. Someone having to commit to a battle for 30 seconds after starting one is pretty fair if you ask me.
    Punt likes this.
  5. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Factions; Heat of Battle

7 months & countless recalls mid fight/chase later... heat of battle starting to sound like a good idea finally eh? ;/
    Liberation, Iago, Punt and 2 others like this.
  6. napo

napo Well-Known Member

A problem we've consistently had is that people place/buy houses in areas where there are fights. As bucs became a hot spot, people started buying houses there. Now every pvp group on the server (excluding SL) has a house there that they hide in regularly.
    You are right that it's an attitude, but it's one of people thinking they want to pvp but when things start getting rough for them they haul ass to a house.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  7. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

just deleted.. why do I bother
    Pill, Iago and Alice Asteroid like this.