No magery for runebook?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Musashi255, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Musashi255

Musashi255 New Member

Hey guys, I saw something in another forum about not needing any magery to cast gates and recall from a charged runebook... Is that the case on this shard or do I need enough magery to cast it with scrolls to gate/recall?

Thanks for any input! : ]
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can recall from a runebook with charges without Margery. You can't gate using charges.
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

this info is incorrect. You cannot gate without the appropriate Magery skill using a book. But you can recall using a book that you add recall scrolls to with the appropriate Magery skill to use the scroll. With 0 Magery you can use a recall scroll but you will fail (fizzle) many times before it succeeds. If you have 20-40 Magery you should be able to recall consistently without failure.
  4. Musashi255

Musashi255 New Member

Awesome, thanks. So Can I still put gate charges in a book and use it with the minimum magery to cast hate with a scroll?

Thanks again if any reply

Edit: hate lol you don't need a scroll for that obviously : p *gate
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Recall scrolls only. You cannot charge a runebook with gate travel, period.

With no investment in magery, your character will fail very often.
  6. Halabinder

werkwerk is correct, only recall scrolls can be added to runebooks. Please also note that runebooks are not automatically blessed here on UOR and they can be looted off your dead body or stolen from your pack. You can bless a runebook using a deed that costs 250 platinum. The approximate value of a blessed rubebook is 2.5 mil gold.
  7. Musashi255

Musashi255 New Member

I'd be dissapointed if runebooks and keys couldn't be stolen : p what about deeds? And can you redeed? Sorry if it's innapropriate for me to ask an off topic question...
  8. Halabinder

Not sure if that deed is blessed or not but it probably isn't. You cannot re-deed a runebook bless deed and I really don't see why you would want to do that. The only thing it can be used for is another runebook. If you want to sell your runebook you can remove your runes...
  9. Musashi255

Musashi255 New Member

I was talking about house deeds
  10. Halabinder

You can re-deed the house at any time and even return the deed for a full gold refund. The house deed itself is also blessed.