No Queen

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Huzke, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Huzke

Huzke Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm not much of a writer but I like to make up little stories to parallel some of my character's adventures in game so I figured I'd share one.

"It's not about how hard you hit or even how hard you can be hit. Skill with magic, blade, and dragon are all formidable and often necessary. But true power is control. To dictate your opponent's actions, what he attacks, when he attacks, where he stands, when he lives, and when he dies. This is power." - Huzke I, High Inquisitor and first of the Truthseeker clan.

No Queen

"What is it you hope to find, Truthseeker?" Came an eerily angelic voice from the darkness that rolled down the corridor before Huzke.

"He seeks beauty." Said a second voice from the same location as Huzke continued walking slowly and cautiously toward the source.

"No, love, he seeks power." The first voice replied.

"Beauty IS power, sister!" The second voice said in answer.

Huzke continued down the hall, through the dark, finding a set of large iron doors emitting a feint light through the space between the bottom of the door and the dungeon floor revealing blood stains and small pieces of chipped and gnawed upon bone.

"Enter Huzke, come to us and find what you seek." The two enchanting voices said in unison.

Huzke slowly pushed open the doors to the room and was met by two tall very beautiful dark skinned women with long black hair and glowing white eyes.

"Where is he?" Huzke asks dismissingly.
    "Where is whom, Truthseeker?" The first woman asks.
    "Do not be coy with me, deceiver, you know who it is I seek. The false Lord. Where is he?" Huzke answers obviously agitated.
    "Sister, this one denies us?" The second woman asks looking to the first.
    "Don't be silly. No man denies US." The first replies as she approaches Huzke and reaches out to touch his face. "Forget him, darling, stay with us. You know we are the truth you truly seek, Huzke. We are every man's deepest desire." She continues smiling, and leaning in to kiss Huzke.
    "STOP!" Huzke growls loudly, startling and stunning both women and shaking the room knocking them to their knees. Loud growling and roars answer all directions outside the chamber, from down the halls filled by bone chilling demonic laughter.
    "He denies us sister!" The second woman pleas to the first again.
    "If he denies us then he dies!" The first screams in anger. Both women begin to wrtihe and contort as their bodies and faces begin to change form. After a few seconds what stands before Huzke is no longer two beautifully enchanting women but rather two large demonic winged creatures with skin black as pitch and eyes glowing now even more brightly than before.
    "Do you still deny us, Truth..seeker?" The first succubus asks Huzke.
    "My my...such beauty..." He replies.
    "Do not attempt to flatter now! It will not save your life!" The second Succubus snaps.
    "Ladies, you know I will find him and when I do a true Lord will be take the throne." Huzke explains.
    "Not if your life ends here!" The first answers.
    "My Lady, you are not understanding. I will need...a queen." Huzke continued.
    "A queen?" The first asks, clearly intrigued and eyes fixated on Huzke.
    "Yes, love, a queen...and only one of you can be she..." As Huzke finishes his sentence the second Succubus attacks the first from behind knocking her to the ground. The two huge and terrifying demons continued to battle, slashing and biting at once another. The flashes of light filled the hall beyond the chamber with unnatural magical brilliance. More growls answered the commotion from inside the room back from down the hall followed by even more demonic laughter. Clearly someone, something....huge...was amused.

A heavy thud hit the ground reverberating beneath Huzke's feet as the second succubus throws the first down to the ground, dead. Tears follow the body to the chamber floor, the sounds of weeping came from the creature.

"What have I done? What have YOU made me do?" The remaining succubus asks angrily. "My sister, my lover...you have made me kill her! Who is the demon, Huzke? To make me kill my own blood, she who gave reason for my existence in the abyss? Who is truly evil? Me? Or you, Huzke Truthseeker?!" She continues before lunging at Huzke.
    "An Ex Por." Huzke calmly chants, paralyzing the demonic fiend before she could reach him.
    "What...do you want here? What have you come for?" The Succubus pleas, needing to know before her inevitable demise.
    "Two things. I seek my throne as the true Lord of the Abyss and I seek...my queen. And you are no queen.." He replies as he continues chanting.
    "Vas Ort Flam." Huzke chants as he reaches for the firey red horn slung over his back.. A second later the Succubus is reduced to a pile of ash in a large fiery conflagration.

More laughter fills the chamber coming form the corridor as Huzke walks through the chamber doors to follow it.
  2. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Don't give up, Huzke. There are more succubi in the dungeon. One day you'll find your queen.
    Huzke likes this.
  3. Huzke

Huzke Active Member

I figured it was suitable for Valentine's Weekend haha.
  4. Godric Greycliff

*Nods*
    Seems about right. Slaughtering your own harem of succubi seems perfectly aligned with the prevailing Valentines Day sentiment here on UOR.
    Huzke likes this.
  5. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

That was a good read sir.
    Huzke likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Bravo! I'll have two more tales of roasted succubi please along with a helping of abysmal hooves!

I'm particularly pleased with the eloquent depiction of just how cunning a bard has to be to convince two blood bound wretches to fight to the death.

MEMORIZED
    Huzke likes this.
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Bah....bash dat sheems hed wit mougg en drahg sheem tu cabe....den uu hab uur kween......
    Godric Greycliff, Jupiter and Huzke like this.
  8. Godric Greycliff

Hmm. . . Methinks Huzke would prefer a more graceful approach to courtship, LudKrud. However, I will take this orcish wisdom into account as I pursue the heart of my beloved. . . .
    Huzke and Jupiter like this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Love advice straight from Dr. Phil (i believe LudKrud loosely translates to Phil in engrish).

I strongly recommend that you take any advice from an orc and treat it like you would squiggly lines drawn on a paper.... just throw it away!
    Huzke and Traviesty like this.
  10. Traviesty

Traviesty New Member

Excellent Read M'Lord! Aye Orcish Love Advice... Ha! Tis Like Learning Knitting From A Pirate!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Huzke likes this.
  11. Godric Greycliff

Hey! My mother was a pirate and she could knit a pair of mittens like nobody's business!
    Huzke and Jupiter like this.
  12. Traviesty

Traviesty New Member

I Stand Corrected!!!