No Way

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Oni Neaufire, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Oni Neaufire

Oni Neaufire Well-Known Member

"Lady Oni."

I turned on the first step of the tower staircase to see Elma coming up behind me. "Yes Elma, what can I do for you?" "Would you like to go to Delucia? I need to get some things."

I quickly began to assess my schedule in my head. Being one of those that like to spend large amounts on frivolous things I said, "Sure."

"That ol' research on how the world saves itself can wait for another day," I mused to myself. "Did you say something, Oni?" asked Elma. "Uh, no," I chuckled.

"When will you be ready?" she asked. "Right now, of course." We both laughed together. "We can use the rune library upstairs. It is secure."

We quickly ran up the stairs to the library. Nothing like a day of shopping to get the old blood pumpin' or the two flights of stairs.

"These gates are a girl's best friend," quipped Elma as we stepped into the portal that brought us to Delucia. "Gets ya to the shopping so much faster than an ol' horse or walking."

I could not hold myself back and burst out laughing. "they certainly do," i replied, still trying to recover from the laughter.

We shopped for a couple of hours I guess. Who really cares the time when your are doing something you love. Elma bought a cute set of purple armor. She looks quite regal in it. And

I found some really fiery jewelry, very pricey, so I love it.

"Oni, want to go for a ride?" "Sounds like a grand idea, Elma," i replied.

We walked over to the stables and rented a couple of ostards. You have to be kinda crazy to ride one of these bird-brained rentals. They can get a little skittish to say the least at times.

(Remember i told you this). We rode to the eastern gate and began to head down the road past the arena. I was looking ahead towards the bluffs that surround the town. I really was not

paying too much attention, actually.

"Oni!" exclaimed Elma. "Do you see that?"

I quickly turned in the saddle to my right to see what she was talking about. I jerked the reins as I turned. The rental, skittish ostard came to a complete stop, very quickly. I slammed

into the neck of the bird-brained creature and nearly fell off. Elma had turned to see my plight and began to laugh so hard she nearly fell off also. We recovered our composure and began

to focus on the sight Elma had seen.

"No way," I shouted . I believe the whole area heard me. Everything seemed to freeze up for a moment. Just a moment, though. In that brief moment, I saw what had caught Elma's

eye. It was an orc pretending to comb his hair. No really. Haven't been drinking. Don't do that. Very bad thing to do being a mage.

The moment quickly ended, and the orc focused his attention on us. Some unintelligible words were coming from the orc as he closed the distance.

"Wished Shadbak had come with us. She would know how to speak to this gibbering nut," I whispered low. I noticed Elma was putting on her plate gloves. We had not come very

prepared to fight. I only had a small amount of reagents, and Elma was going to fight only with her fists. I did not want to kill the poor fellow. Seeing him try to

comb his bald head had gained him the right to live another day.

The orc had reached us. His gibbering was now becoming a bit more understandable. "No kan hav tastee treet har fxr, ummies. It blung to Nohar now." He tried to hit Elma as he spoke the

words. Elma hit him full in the face with her mailed fist. She knocked the orc so far back, I had to ride forward a fair space to see if he was all right. Elma had knocked him cold. The young

knight possesses strength beyond her age.

Items fell from the orc's pockets as he tumbled backward and fell. The brush fell beside him also. I reached down and picked it up. It was as the orc had spoken. The brush was used

by the stable to comb their horses. Somehow the orc named Nohar had been able to slip into the stable and steal it. I decided to return the brush to the stable as it looked quite

expensive.

Elma and I will never forget the sight we saw today. Be sure to enjoy your time here in this realm you have come., and watch out for orcs carrying brushes.

Oni Neaufire_10-7_17.03.jpg Oni Neaufire_10-7_17.00-2.jpg Another fine day in the land of Brittania: Renaissance-style.

Oh, and Vlar. If you read this. Is this what you were looking for?
    The Watch, Aeritas, Elma and 10 others like this.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I hope you wash it before putting it through Vlar's hair
    Jupiter, Wise and Vlar like this.
  3. Oni Neaufire

That is entirely up to him. Or should I say his bear hat.
    Wise and Vlar like this.
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Bahahaaha! Aye! For my stables. :) What a crazy find!!! I didn't even know things like that were possible.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Anything is possible in UO:R!
  6. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

(OOC) orcs drop rare brushes? Or you had a rare brush and crafted an awesome story w/ it?
  7. Elma

Elma Member

Go Oni!:)
    Xander the Scribe and Wise like this.
  8. Oni Neaufire

As Wise put it so succinctly, "Anything is possible in UO-R."

You must decide whether it is fable or fact.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your high praise and am deeply grateful for your most kind words.

Lady Oni
  9. Oni Neaufire

I just want to say a truly heartfelt thanks to all who have took the time to read my adventure and responded in such a favorable way. You have all been most gracious and have made my time here in this realm really great.
    THANK YOU ALL!
    Lady Oni
    Ancient tome:
    And of such having compassion making a difference.
    Vlar, Wise, Xander the Scribe and 2 others like this.