[NOA] presents: The Million Llama March - Sunday, May 28 at 8 PM EST

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by chumbucket, May 24, 2017.

1. chumbucket

chumbucket Well-Known Member

NOA.png

Some of you may remember me from my brief stint on this shard around 2013/2014. Then and now, I worked to Make a Difference (TM). Whether securing unsecure homes, protecting abused animals, or liberating ill-gotten goods from the criminal class of UOR, my guild chumbucket and Associates [cA] has made it our mission to strive to set right what had once went wrong, always hoping that our next leap will be the leap home.

With that mission in mind, I have teamed up with Taste to form a new and exciting guild, Number One Animal [NOA]. [NOA] is the premier llama guild of UOR. Our mission (in keeping with the spirit of Making a Difference) is to promote, protect, and admire the world's number one animal, the llama. To that end, we announce an upcoming event: The Million Llama March.

For too long, the llama has been ignored, despised, and even abused by the Gideon Juras and Reginas of this shard. We will no longer stand by while this beautiful animal is mistreated and neglected by such horrid animal abusers. We invite you all to find as many llamas as you can and join us at the Occlo docks on Sunday May 28 at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST) where Taste and I will lead a candlelight procession, llamas and human united, through the streets of Occlo. The march will immediately be followed by a llama race with big prizes!

Rules:
    1. All players must bring at least one llama to the race. (You may bring as many as you can.)
    2. All players must march behind Taste and myself during the Occlo procession. (I will hand out candles to all who want one.)
    3. You must remain behind me and Taste during the procession from the docks to the bank and moongate. (No head starts!)
    4. The race begins at the Occlo moongate when I say START. (False starts/early starts will be disqualified.)
    5. All players must remain on foot for the entire race. You may not ride your llama.
    6. All llama-types are permitted: standard llama, pack llama, and the forbidden llama. (Again, you may not ride your llama.)
    7. The race route: Occlo moongate to Skara Brae moongate to Skara Brae ferry to Trisnic front gate.
    8. All players must follow the roads at all time. No shortcuts!!!
    9. The first person to cross the Trisnic gate, as judged by Taste and myself, with at least one living llama still in tow will win.
    10. Recall and gate travel are strictly forbidden. You have to run the roads the entire route (aside from the moongate from Occlo to Skara Brae and the ferry out of Skara Brae.)
    11. In order to verify that no rules have been violated, players must record their participation in the procession and their run from Skara to Trisnic using the RPV function in Razor.
    12. Once the race has left Occlo, it is entirely possible that people may attempt to kill your llamas. Protect them at all cost. No llama = no win.
    13. Canadian llamas (aka horses), Trammel llamas (aka venereal llamas aka ethereal llamas), and other false llamas are not allowed.
    14. No participant in the race may attack or kill the llamas of fellow participants. While it is to be expected that outsiders may attack your llama, it is bad sportsmanship and possibly a hatecrime to attack a llama while in the race yourself.
    PRIZES:
    1. FIRST PLACE - 100,000 gold and a clothing bless deed
    2. SECOND PLACE - 50,000 gold and a bear rug.
    3. THIRD PLACE - 25,000 gold, a flower tapestry, and the heartfelt appreciation of llamas across the world.
    4. FOURTH PLACE - Nothing. You should have done better.
    Word of Advice: Make sure you have your llamas well ahead of time. A lot of people are going to try to buy llamas from the Occlo tamers at the last second!
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

The Mayor of Cove applauds your efforts to preserve and protect the majestic llama. I hope to be able to attend!
    Hoominaga, Taste and snap dragon like this.
  3. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

*Starts drooling at the thought of a mobile all you can eat buffet*
    Halabinder, Random, Grur'bak and 5 others like this.
  4. Taste

Taste New Member

Good times for all!!!!
  5. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sunday Sunday Sunday!
  6. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Question could me and a friend place poison and or para fields in different parts of the race track?
  7. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

Llamas might kill you if you do, have you seen their haunches?! They don't mess around, fierce and prestigious animals...
  8. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Llamas are tasty. Many llamas will be crushed and then cut up to make a nice soup
  9. chumbucket

FAQ

Q: Can people attack and kill my llamas?
    A: Well, yeah. Llamas are brave and beautiful but have very few hitpoints. I'd bring as many llamas as I can if I were you.

Q: Can I bring reagents, weapons, and so on to heal and defend my llama?
    A: Of course. Promote, Protect, & Admire.

Q: Can I attack the llamas of other participants?
    A: No, anyone who is in the race and attacks the llama of another participant has committed a llama hate crime and thus forfeits.

Q: You say we have to follow the road. What if I accidentally walk a few steps off of it.
    A: It's a bit of judgment call, but a few steps off isn't a deal. The important thing is that you're not taking a shortcut or cutting down the distance of the run.

Q: I R NEW GLD PLS
    A: Most certainly. All good llama loving citizens try to help those in need and thus always give at least 10k gold to anyone who asks this question.
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Hoominaga and Zyler like this.
  10. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That was burst out laughing funny :D
    Jupiter likes this.
  11. chumbucket

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: In addition to the list prizes, Telamon has agreed to award the first place winner a special trophy! Thanks, Telamon! So now I assume that the event will be overrun with hordes of Trammel-hounds. COME STAND WITH US IN SUPPORT OF LLAMAS THIS SUNDAY!
    Jakob and Jupiter like this.
  12. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

What is this and how do you do it?
  13. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Attention all participants I will be laying out traps and blockades through your journey trying to get you out of bounds and I will EQ your llamas be scared very scared
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  14. Zylphie

Zylphie Well-Known Member

llama deaths.png
    Llama massacre! I followed the blood splatters on the road and it lead me to a certain "Orc". I told him to stop this injustice, but he just yelled out some words which I did not comprehend. We must spread the awareness to protect these beautiful creatures, especially from Orcs!
    PaddyOBrien, Random and Zyler like this.
  15. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

In razor go to <Video Capture> tab, and click Record Packet Video. Test it out to make sure it works before the event.
    Soma Holiday likes this.
  16. Muguk

Muguk Active Member

Dem puur llamaz standin en da hot sunz awl dai soh dey pazz owt en smash der hedz on da grownd. Ork nevur pazz ub free fuud.
    PaddyOBrien, Jakob and Zylphie like this.
  17. chumbucket

Who will defend these brave llamas from the forces of evil? Who will start a Llama Defense League!
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  18. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Your llamas are mine!
    image.jpg
    Jupiter, Muguk and Halabinder like this.
  19. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

can ostards march on the back of the line?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  20. chumbucket

All are welcome in the procession but only llamas (and their owners) may compete in the race!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The owner of the best named llama, as judged by myself and Taste, will win 60k gold!