Not All PK'ers are Bad

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by SirLanceAlittle, Aug 15, 2013.

1. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Now, I am not a PK'er, and I most certainly do not like being pounced upon and killed while I am simply out gathering resources (ore, lumber, wool, fish, etc.). But, I have found that not all PK'ers are truely bad. Just yesterday I was out marking some of my Mining locations when a PK'er (he was Red) came galloping into the small dead-end canyon I was in. With his first attack, I screamed: "Wait, please. I mean no harm. I am simply marking locations for my miner." He had already cast several offensive spells as well as stuck me with a weapon that was poisoned. I am not in the habbit of retribution, so upon my death, I did not even consider placing a bounty on his head. I did, however, find out a few minutes later that he actually wanted this.

Well, the PK'er was actually very friendly. He rez'd me, healed me, and we chatted for a couple of minutes. He even said that he would allow my miner safe passage should he encounter me in the future. I was quite impressed and very pleased.

When I thought about it, I realized that this was not a unique case for me here in the great lands of Renaissance. Now, I know that PK'ers have to make a living too, but I am pleased that most do not make their living by killing and looting just anyone at random. So, as far as I am concerned, not all PK'ers are bad.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Aye, I have been slain by a red potato poop monster while out gathering gold and magic items from evil creatures. Having expertly evaded it multiple times over the last few days using my champion recall macro skills I thought here it comes (to my luck I was full to the brim pockets bursting with gold and backpacks overflowing with unidentified magic items). Expecting the worst I was shocked to discover that upon my death I was immediately resurrected and to my even greater surprise I found all my possessions intact, gold included.

Feeling quite ashamed I pleaded for this mighty killing turd to at least take my gold as a sign of homage to a skilled death distributing poopsicle but it refused profusely, defecated on the dungeon floor and then magically disappeared.

I have yet to witness such class again in all my travels throughout Britannia.