Notice to all dwellers seeking paid work

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Foremen, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Foremen

Foremen Member

Hail,

As the foreman of the mining operation being established by the Bureau of Investigation, I am hereby authorized to begin hiring workers and guard services.
    Time required is 20 minutes per session. Upon completion of this time you will receive your compensation in total of 10,000 gold coins in form of check.

To be considered worthy you must first be transported to the Bureau to sign and receive your documentation as well as mining equipment. All gear will be provided for miners, guardsmen provide your own equipment. Miners will return all ore gathered to the foreman upon time completion or mine has gone dry to receive payment. Checks will be waiting per person.

Guards will be required to fend off or kill any foes, as requested by the foreman in order to receive compensation. Upon completion everyone will be gated safely to Occlo. Remember, checks are blessed and can not be stolen. All are welcome to enlist in services as they become available.

Services Required when called upon:

Hired Guardmens X2 per operation
    Hired Miners X4 per operation

Side note:

Outside interference will not be tolerated. The Village of Paws has already attempted to cease operations and has been taxed (payment received) in excess of one million gold coins. Most will be met with force from here on out. Mining operations will be made known by a Foreman operator on IRC and in the town of Occlo when available.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Awesome idea!
  3. Foremen

Foremen Member

Notice:

As of today between 3:30-4pm Pacific time a mining operation will be called into action. It will be made noticed on IRC and at Occlo around the bank area. Remember you will have to receive verification first. Two security personnel will be required for hire as well as a handful of miners. You must be willing to take the moongates provided no hostility will meet you by our staff and any guards that act out of line will be put down without pay.
    Artex, Jupiter and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The Paws tower felt ominous as Catalin and Kiln awaited the wizard's return. Catalin paced about the room as if with intent to make the world turn faster and hasten the clock.

"Kiln, I'm telling you this Foreman is not running an ordinary mining operation. He is up to something," With his arms folded, Catalin tapped his finger on his bicept.

Kiln half snorted, "and under what pretence have ye passed such a harsh judgement? I've seen Dwarven lords react far worse when they merely suspected their claim had been trespassed."

"All I had done was inquire of the miners if they had seen signs of disturbance in the area. And it is well known our village patrols keep this area safe. Then, without so much as a sound the man was behind me threatening the execution to the full extent of the law due to my unpermitted interference in his operation. He didn't so much as give me an opportunity to clarify that I was on a sanctioned patrol before he ordered his guards to expel my by force of death if necessary."

"Aye, well, such matters are hardly a priority in the magistrate's court. The wizard will have the charges dismissed by day's end," Kiln's expression belied his effort to console his friend.

Catalin's pacing did not hasten the hours, and dusk began to settle hours later.

As he entered the tower, Jupiter's demeanor was such that they both knew instantly ill news was to follow like the chilled air that chased the wizard through the door.

"Start rationing out the soups Catalin," Came Jupiter's answer to the unasked question, "It's going to be a long winter."

"This Foreman is indeed up to no good, but we cannot afford any further direct confrontations. This Foreman's command of the law and navigation of the bureaucratic system is nigh flawless. It is as though he had the paperwork drawn up and authorized before I had even departed for Trinsic this morning. His claim was so thorough we were not even granted an appeal by my order. The fine was settled from our Trinsic securities as I was entering the city. It is as though my appearance was merely to sign the release forms."

Jupiter looked to Kiln, "Master Kiln, I do hope your mining days are not behind you. We will need to get more information, but we cannot risk another direct encounter with this Foreman until we have indisputable evidence of his nefarious intent."

Kiln nodded, "I'll get meself recruited and see if I canna get any of the lads to tell my what they've seen."
  5. Foremen

Foremen Member

Update Entry Log #23

Foreman of mining operation, under the Bureau of Investigation;

Recruited

X2 Fighters
    X4 Miners

Operation was quiet but successful. Significant portions of ingots were gathered and returned to the Foreman on sight. No outside interventions. No unknown objects recovered.
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  6. Foremen

Foremen Member

Notice: As of October 29th, there will be at least one mining operation to take place between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Pacific time. Chances are there will be between 2-4 operations to take place. It will be made noticed on IRC and at Occlo around the bank area. Remember you will have to receive verification first. Two security personnel will be required for hire as well as a handful of miners. You must be willing to take the moongates provided no hostility will meet you by our staff and any guards that act out of line will be put down without pay.
    Alex Caember and Jupiter like this.
  7. Foremen

Foremen Member

Update entry log #24

Mining operation successful. Gathered interesting intel, no unique artifacts recovered yet. No outside interventions. Operations shall continue.

Recruited:

4X miners
    2X fighters
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  8. Foremen

Foremen Member

Update Entry Log #25

Hired

2X Miners
    2X Fighters

Public at times seems to be dismissive to easy gold. Very questioning why they would work for pay? Odd people to say the least. Regardless the mining operation was successful. No unique artifacts have been recovered, but it is apparent that we have received some unwanted attention from the local clans. Paws and P'S to name a couple. Suggest further involvement in foreign affairs if attention becomes undesirable.
    Alex Caember likes this.
  9. Foremen

Foremen Member

Update Entry Log #26

Hired

X3 Fighters
    X1 Miner

Successful, met minor resistance from local wildlife. No artifacts uncovered.

a tribesman_10-29_13.25.jpg a tribesman_10-29_13.25.jpg a tribesman_10-29_13.32-2.jpg
  10. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

Most interesting! *hic*
  11. Foremen

Foremen Member

Update Entry Log #27

Hired

X4 Fighters
    X4 Miners

Met hostility on the work site. A local from out of town decided he was going to wander in our encampment and steal the organization's precious ore. Ordered the guards to slay the man before he could attempt to take anything. 3 out of 4 of the guards refused to kill the man. I immediately dismissed the three guards that refused orders without pay and insisted the remaining guard kill the man. To which he did and threatened the others to leave. He was granted the other guard`s pay for his loyalty in total of 40,000 gold pieces in form of check.

His name was marked in our Work Ledger back at the Bureau of Investigation as reliable.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  12. Foremen

Foremen Member

Sawyer Newmarck_11-10_16.18.jpg Update Entry Log #28

Hired

X2 Fighters
    X2 Miners

Another operation completed, no outside hostilities beyond the local wildlife. However we stumbled upon a blood bath from previous miners. Some odd anomalies were recovered, covered in stone (To be determined). Bringing them back to the Bureau. We have recovered enough ore to begin the next phase, Operation Ghoul.

Sawyer Newmarck_11-10_16.24-3.jpg a tribesman_11-10_16.32-3.jpg a tribesman_11-10_16.33.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Thus far having been unable to infiltrate the mining operation. Jupiter decided instead to draw attention to himself hoping that perhaps he might draw the foreman out and siphon some information.

Using similar hiring tactics, Jupiter sought out the Sanctuary.

After each person had signed the employment contract, the group departed to unearth the treasures of a gem-filled mine. Jupiter made sure that word spread that the Village of Paws and the Sanctuary had ascertained the location of a treasure deep within the earth and that they had embarked on this joint venture.

Deep within the mine, the group battled foes of rock and granite, earth and stone, at times it seemed the battled the very mountains.

Upon their arrival back in Spiritwood, Jupiter let news spread that they had acquired dust of animating essence. In fact he had obtained what was nothing more than a handful of the aged minerals that were so abundant within the ancient mine shaft. But hoped that what the Foreman didn't know, wouldn't stop him from fumbling somehow, perhaps thinking that Jupiter had located that which he was seeking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bloodlust, Lord Krake, Ragar and 4 others like this.
  14. Foremen

Foremen Member

Upon inspection of the mine of interest. It became evident to the Foreman that his site which was clearly documented and paid for in terms of rights to mine and occupy were compromised by none other than the scoundrels known as the Paws and the Sanctuary. He quickly fled the darkness of the mine and returned to the Bureau to give his detailed report to his superior.

Update Entry Log #29

Went to investigate the usability of the mine of interest. Upon further inspection of the mine however it was determined that a handful of agitators had blatantly disregarded the rules of the merchants and the laws of the court, as they had taken over the mine and gathered the precious minerals include some rare artifacts or ore. Suggest ceasing mining operations and pushing forward with Operation Ghoul. These villagers don't seem to get the point yet after all we have done to them, the gore sent and monsters themselves unleashed. It is evident that we can no longer tax nor threaten these people to cease their actions against us.
    This is my formal request to resign from my position as foreman of mining operations and a request of transfer to the assistance of the Ghoul operation. This will be my last mining entry report.

*side note* As some of you may or may not have realised this is an active quest. There are many ways you can approach this. There is danger and rewards always. I do not play like a typical player, I do not concern over lockdowns or hiding every piece of my wrong doings. As a roleplayer it is only just, you can approach me from many angles as there will always be a risk/reward situation. Perhaps you steal my documentation and reveal my workers, retrieving any information from them. Perhaps you kill me and also do the same and find a key to my treasury. Perhaps you take me to court (would be interesting) due to allegations I have made or situations otherwise. There are many possibilities here. Unless otherwise noted I tend to play in hardmode "My characters only live one life and death is absolute" unless otherwise noted by form of spell or what not. I feel silly mentioning all of this and some of you may ask why I do this but this is just how I play if you choose to interact or not I will keep roleplaying evil and my antics will only grow slowly involving everyone until your forced to deal with me.
    Ragar and Jupiter like this.