Nox Tamer & Order/Chaos

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Wulver, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Another wacky idea thread... I apologize.

I had an idea brewing and can't sleep right now at 1am.

The Nox Tamer:
    Tamer with poisoning skill, this would grant the benefits to tame a few extra monsters. Instead of applying your poison through magic or a blade, you use your pets to do the poisoning.

Giant Serpent = high 70 poisoning/taming = 2 slots
    Wyvern = high 80 poisoning/taming = 2 slots

Now for the bonus to Order/Chaos:
    Order affiliated tamer with gm poisoning and taming = Silver Serpent
    Chaos affiliated tamer with gm poisoning and taming = Dread Spider
    3 slots each

Another idea for Order/Chaos:
    Tamed and transferable to Order: Silver Steed
    Tamed and transferable to Chaos: Dark Steed

These would be rare, but not much different than normal horses so you can transfer to anyone within Order/Chaos.
    Order and Chaos get shields and that is about it, I figure we could spice it up and give them a little bit more to work with.

I would also like to see lava snakes and lava serpents tamable, I don't know why they are not tameable.
  2. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

I love the poison pets idea, I used to run around with 3-4 bonded frenzies (with pack bonus they do massive dmg but die eas) and 1 bonded gm poisoning giant scorpion. Alot of monsters normally immune to poison are not immune to lethal poison which a gm poison giant scropion is capable of. only problem is the scorpion dies way to easy and stat/skill loss sucks cuz poisoning is hard to raise on pets. I used to send in the frenzies first and scorpion second so he wasn't the focus of attacks.

I would love to see a pet that can poison and doesn't die in 2 hits.

Also as for the dark/silver steed thing. I think telamon dropped a hint at some kind of uor version of hero/evil. I don't know if he meant an actual hero/evil system or just general hero/evil theme. I hope it's a system though. The upcoming archery changes might be a step in the direction for an idea i had about hero/evil. That idea was having abilities that affect PvM differently they affect PvP so they can make abilities that have cool PvM benefits w/o breaking PvP mechanics.

AGAIN THOUGH: WOULD DEFINATELY LIKE TO SEE A TANKY TYPE POISON PETS FOR TAMERS
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, most definately. I did animal lore on a scorpion and a wyvern and the scorpion had more poisoning... got me wondering. :D

One thing for sure is the addition of poisoning skill will help limit the capabilities in pvp/pvm, so the person wont dominate or be OP.

I don't know much about Hero/Evil system. :|
  4. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm not even close to an expert on taming, but I think the game could be greatly enhanced by expanding taming to include more monsters. As it stands now, the end result of every tamer is to run either Mare/WW/Drag or Mare/Drag/Drag and there's no other combination of creatures that's even remotely comparable. If tamers had more truly viable options at GM and you started to see diffrerent builds/combos in tames like you do in PvP templates, it would make for a very interesting world indeed.
  5. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

Agreed, more variety of pets for a more custom and tactical experience. Poison/tank pets. Weak attack/no magic but high armor/health and can leathl poison at gm when attacking. Flat out tank pet ultra weak attacks but huge armor/health and holds agro . It could take up all but 1 or 2 slots so it's more of a group support pet for big boss type monsters or for solo play with a melee/tamer. Keeps the baddies occupied while melee/archers/and mages unleash a flurry of attacks.
  6. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

trained scorpion for poison, line of polar bears for meat, and imps for damage