O^S Taming Quests - Fund Raising to Benefit Shard-wide Player Run Events

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Avery, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

quest3.JPG

Calling all tamers, newly created and veterans alike!! O^S [Order of the Skull] will be periodically hosting taming quests as a method of fundraising for shard-wide, player-run events.

Q & A

Q: How will these events work?

A: O^S will purchase blank taming quest scrolls using guild funds and fill them using tames mostly donated by O^S members and other generous members of our community. Occasionally, tames will be purchased (again, using guild funds) to expedite scroll completion. Bonding slots will be available for purchase in the Trading Forum. Quests will be executed by veteran members of O^S. Players who purchase bonding slots will have the option of either participating or bank-sitting.

Q: How much does a bonding slot cost?

A: Each bonding slot will cost 160,000 gp. Players must pay in advance to reserve their spot.

Q: When will these events take place?

A: Days and times will vary so as to accommodate players from different time zones.

Q: How will the proceeds from these events be used?

A: Money collected from the sale of bonding slots will be used directly by O^S for shard-wide events or will be donated to other guilds/individuals for such events.

Q: I'm going to run a shard-wide event and need money. Gimme.

A: These funds will only be donated to guilds and individuals who have successfully run shard-wide events in the past and have a proven track record. Please contact Avery in IRC for more information.

Q: How can I help?

A: O^S will very gratefully accept any and all donations of quest animals for this cause. We will keep an updated list of all of the scrolls we currently need quest animals for. You can find that list here:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/taming-quest-animals-needed-for-current-scroll.12006/
    We also have a list of animals for trade here:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/wtt-quest-animals.16666/#post-148327

I would like to send out a very special thanks to @wylwrk, @LesClaypool and @DarkWing for their generosity in donating so many scrolls and animals to get us well on our way.

Please keep your eye on this thread and the Trading Forum for information on upcoming Quests!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Basoosh, MikeK, Taschen and 6 others like this.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't understand what the rub is here.

It's a standard pay for a quest spot tamer event, with the only change being that profits from entry fees will fund shard events instead of lining Avery's pocketbook. It says this pretty clearly in her post. Entry fees will be donated to people that run shard events. Would you be happier if she just kept the entry fees?

Yes, O^S members will likely attend these events. They are providing the animals to complete the scrolls after all. I dont understand how that affects anything. Avery could very easily just run these privately.

Now if you are claiming that Avery is scheming to just pocket the 160k, I think you're completely batshit nuts. She has given away millions upon millions in the past. She really doesn't need to steal your 160k.
    Zyler and MikeK like this.
  3. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Blackeye...
    I have held my tongue too long.
    Avery has given millions of pixels, time, and real $ to support this shard.
    Your accusations are baseless and disappointing as 'supporter' of PS.
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

------------------

* Many people help new players selflessly.

* People have cliented 3 accounts on harrowers since the beginning of harrowers (and fishing and have 3 tailors and smiths, etc). People have always complained about it. Who cares!? I can barely play 2 chars at 1 time. How long have you been here? I choose not to do so but I guess I could if I wanted to put in the crazy effort it would take to do it.

* O^S has nothing to do with the hYpE. The group is a collection of trusted players who can rely on each other. If player X has a character in guild Y doesn't warrant your conspiracies. I have a character in VoP, but I also have a PK. Does that mean Paws is a group of player killers? Of course not. So please stop the broken associations and misrepresentation.

* I agree there is a need for new player events. Take the reins and fashion one. Some of us have us done such, even though you may be unaware of such endeavors.

* I will not apologize for working my ass off in UOR for what I own, nor should others. I also won't apologize for being given things for treating people with kindness and respect. Integrity should be a virtue in UO.

* The animals for zoo quest scrolls are gathered by many players, including myself. Guess what! I got a FREE slot for my efforts and I could have made 160k much quicker farming. So..... how is the gold from the slot sales which is given to community events, a bad thing? The players who gave the animals could just horde the gold or not even offer a slot. Criticizing a player's effort to raise funds for player events is nonsensical if not batshit.
  5. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

And how is that?
    Discouraging others from playing?

6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I asked you to take the reins on a "REAL newb-directed event". What is your vision?
    I would like to know since many directions and avenues have been ventured. I considered sharing my experiences and of those of others learned I from. But, after reading the rest of your words... they turn accusatory and nonsensical. I don't think you have any interest in supporting UOR. I have discerned you are intelligent however wisdom and maturity sometimes are never achieved.
  7. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I will gladly give all the pets I find to Project Sanctuary or to whomever can use them. Doesn't matter to me.
    I hope someone I know in PS relates to you and shares my approach to this game.

And to keep bringing up O^S is bullshit. Might as well say A^T, BrK, TT, VoP, or any old guild that has UOR vets in them. Many of the vets of course have wealth. How is that surprising?

My dock! LOL.
    Many players requested a gift for me given all the fish tourneys I've run. Like a golden fishing pole. So, after giving out prizes all day I get back to the house and there was the dock. I was shocked!!! I thought it too much at the time and was embarrassed to show anyone for a week. I eventually showed a few friends and came to accept it. I love it now! If you put in as much effort into the community as you blabber, well... could have happened to you too.

On the Easter egg hunt... you are now calling me shady? Dude... I am not Slim Shady.
    Look at the results of every year. Simple to figure out how it is done.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

You make accusations rather than asking questions. Go figure.
  9. Basoosh

I did read what you said - several times. You said this event was a ruse. So what part is the ruse? That Avery is going to pocket the 160k? That she is accepting donations of 10k frost bears if people want to donate? That they need people to run the event? As we both have pointed out in this thread, O^S doesn't need any of those things.

So I asked you to clarify because I'm not understanding what the ruse is. Your response to me is a quote from another thread, saying that this event isn't charitable enough. Let's stop right there. I think at this point that is not me that needs to re-read your post, it's you. You're accusing someone that is trying to help the shard of not doing enough to help the shard.

I get that you are pretty salty about the Harrower stuff right now, and that's another topic worthy of its own discussion entirely, but you are WAY off base here.
  10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Isnt that what I said in the first post? I think it's not about charity, I think it's a ruse right now. Or lying to one self, something like that. If you want to do something good for the shard, you skip the collection of money, which is really a very tiny fraction of the vet O^S's wealth and do it directly for the new players.

And then, add all the other stuff I mentioned to see how it benefits the O^S vets actually. Are you denying that O^S core members did 10-11 harrowers this month? That's 9-10k platin which equals 90-100mil. It's plain bullshit to provide the means to bond pets of 3 client tamers that earn an absurd amount of money.

Ariadne could have said in any of her answers, that she wont distribute fixed (or even better any) bond slots to O^S members. Or something similar. But she doesn't care.
  11. Basoosh

No, I don't deny O^S members have been doing Harrowers lately. How is that in any way related to this event and conversation?

Here's what this is:
    1. Avery has extra bond slots. If she runs these scrolls privately, those go to waste.
    2. Rather than let them go to waste, or sell them for private gain, she is turning those slots into money for player run events.
    Yes, you have correctly deduced that O^S will likely be in attendance - they are furnishing the scrolls. She is turning the entry fees for those spare slots into donations for future player events.

Which is... what? You said it isn't the entry fees. So what is it? They need P-Meat? If that were the case, the slots for sale would be bank-sit only. They need donations of frost bears? Not likely. They need muscle to complete the quest? No.

I'm baffled that you are doubling down on your "she needs to do more for the server" line and in nearly the same breath you cite that she is already a counselor. What more does she need to do for the shard to appease you? Hey Zyler, you're only running ONE fishing tournament that is giving away millions this month? What are you doing the rest of the month? How about you do something good for the shard, you freeloader! What are you even doing on the forums when you should be giving stuff away?
    Zyler likes this.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Mo Fish
    Less Blubber
  13. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

You still haven't provided a viable argument, theory, etc.

[​IMG]
  14. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

I'd like to donate a jwilson in honor of the slimy Blackeye.
    Zyler likes this.
  15. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Did you always lose at duck duck goose?