Odd pathing issue, or client bug

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Orbit Storm, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Orbit Storm

Orbit Storm New Member

Not entirely sure if it's just my wife and I who have experienced this as I've been unable to find anything that fits the parameters of it, but for the last day or so we have been having what could be a pathing or client-side issue that restricts movement.

To be more specific, on occasion, we will not be able to run North. We can run South, East or West, but we will quite literally run into an invisible wall when attempting to go North. Only a complete client reboot will resolve the issue. Not entirely sure what this could be, as the version of Razor we use is the only common denominator between her and I. Two different accounts, two entirely different systems, one running Win7 and the other Win8.1. Our version of Razor is 1.0.14.6 (most recent release). Not a clue if it bears any relevance, but I'll also add that we're both fairly new here (having only started a few days ago).

If anyone has experienced anything similar, feel free to chime in so that I can at least feel a little less nutty! :)
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Given the more classic nature of our server we have stuck with the razor version 1.0.13.4 (Available from our website). Mostly because I was unhappy that Mark redirected all donations from razor to himself instead of Zippy and refused to list UO Renaissance in his new razor releases.

Also because he was focusing on support for newer UO clients and such.

However this issue can be resolved by simply opening your paperdoll as this action will force a client re-sync. (keep in mind this will cause odd things to happen to corpses).

If this doesn't help with the issue let me know, you might also check this thread for common razor issues.

http://uorforum.com/threads/troubleshooting-razor-ultima-online-problems.3960/
    Orbit Storm likes this.
  3. Orbit Storm

Orbit Storm New Member

Thank you for the prompt response.

To be honest, I assumed Razor had to be the issue given that it's the only similarity between the two systems, but had never experienced (much less read about) anything like this before. I checked the thread you linked to prior to posting just to be certain something like this wasn't listed.

I'll be happy to do a revert to an older version of Razor. I don't play anywhere else these days, just enjoying the other side of the fence for a change.

Perhaps a brief disclaimer regarding Razor compatibility issues should be made available prior to downloading the client package, just to be sure that folks don't make the mistake of updating Razor.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yea, I need to add the razor update disable to our installer. Overall it should not be much of an issue however. Unless the de-sync's become a larger problem.

One possibly issue is we have a variety of custom content on ocllo and sometimes construction of that sort (statics) can result in desyncing.