Old Client Blues

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ouroboros, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah, after spending the last week and a half focusing on making the switch and getting a better feel for it, there's no going back.

All of the issues I was having were byproducts of system updates that were necessary for CUO. But the new client is way smoother, so it is very much worth the making the trade.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    Blendax likes this.
  2. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Backup all your razor files, delete and re-install the client.

Thats what I would do (And have done on many occasions) but I stopped being proficient with computers about 10 years ago.

In regards to the old vs new client...... Reliability is an issue from time to time but im fully transferred over. Cant go back to those screen tears.
    Ouroboros likes this.
  3. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I was anti new client for a long time now. I’ve always been this way, even on others servers when people were using the Sallos clients etc!! I finally bit the bullet the other night and decided to try CUO after all the hype. I haven’t officially ‘used’ it yet, because it’s been a royal pain in the ass to setup. A lot of that was my fault because I had a lot of my macros created within the UO client rather than Razor, and there is no way to port those over to the new client.

I knew my biggest dislike would be the smooth movement change, as I’ve been playing UO for over 20 years and I was afraid it would change the feel of the game for me. I think it will grow on me a bit however. I think there are a lot of awesome features built in that the original client never had, due to no one ever updating the client Pre-AOS, and I haven’t gone through them all yet. It’s pretty amazing to be able to actually resize your screen in a functional manner.

My main reason for trying it out is that there’s rumor the desync issues are gone with it. On the old client, I would desync constantly (and more so with this server is particular for some reason), and I run and cast like a mad man, which makes it worse. That alone would be basis for me to migrate over to CUO. I think it will definitely be a good change and a nice platform to build on for future client updates.
    Witchcraft, Ouroboros and Zyler like this.
  4. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

I too delayed making the change to CUO for a very long time mostly because I had a setup I was comfortable with, but I've had zero rsync problems, no artifacts or "black triangles".

I've been using CUO since around Christmas and I can honestly say I can't go back to the old client.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    NCCML and Ouroboros like this.
  5. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also held out for a long time.

I finally decided to just do it, and I also agree that I dont think I could go back now. It looks too smooth.
    Ouroboros likes this.