Ole Hassan steps back in the ring.

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Ole' Hassan Buzkirk, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Ole' Hassan Buzkirk

Ole' Hassan Buzkirk New Member

I didn't see a better place to offer a 'hello and how are you' to everyone upon my entering UO: R forums. I was in jr. high when I got the collector's edition of UO with the cloth map and the metal pin from my uncle in the mail. It was great! Playing on a 14.something dial-up connection meant nothing to a kid who'd played only Fallout 1 and perhaps C&C Red Alert on PC before. I played for a few years, casually. Ten years later, and a 1000 games later, I tried ABCUO for a few months. It was a blast.. but it was all about power gaming and pecking order over there. The economy was broken. All efforts were, for better or worse, funneled into one's abilities in the pvp arena. The goal for the real players was having your name as high as you could get it on a ladderboard. FUN STUFF. Today, I long for the plain old feeling of wonder, mystery and teamwork a true sandbox can purvey, and here I am. Hope to meet some good folks in-game and get off to a good start. thanks, I'm here to play
  2. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UOR!
    Ole' Hassan Buzkirk likes this.
  3. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome aboard

The damn Pin was pewter mine broke early on :-(
    I also wrote in pen the town names and dungeon names on the cloth map lol, actually used that sucker to navigate
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard good sir!

Make sure you hang out in IRC (modern day brit bank) and hope to see you out there!
  5. Ole' Hassan Buzkirk

Ole' Hassan Buzkirk New Member

Two packs a day? I go through two lighters a day. - Bill Hicks paraphrased
    Vlar likes this.
  6. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Heyyyy welcome! Gee, I wish I still had my cloth map and pin. No idea what happened to them.

Definitely come join the IRC room. There's also #UOR-RP if you're into roleplaying.
    Vlar likes this.