FFN Friday Fight Night is on hold till 3/10. Future 1 Mil 2v2 event tba!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Artex, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

2-10-17 1v1 FFN_10

11pm EST, 10pm CST, 9pm MST, 8pm PST

Keeping the tradition alive FFN_# this Friday @Pill has offered the use his Buc's gate tower to host FFN. Tower is south west of Vesper (southern road heading west) or go to Buccaneers Den and walk through the stone arch, arch is half a screen east of the healers. Also an event lobby gate will be up if you want to use that as well (provided Telamon is on and has time). Fight Night sign up will close and the event will start about 8pm pacific / 11pm eastern. I'm flexible so if your a bit late I can usually add you to the roster up till the end of the first round. If we have to wait for you to reappear (say you have to go restock) longer than five minutes I'll have to boot you from the brackets. At the start of the second round, sign ups will be closed no exceptions. Referee will be Sardis/Stavros.

Fight Night 1v1 Rules:
    *Single Elimination (with a follow up match to determine third).
    *The match will begin when the wall of stone drops.
    *Equipment: GM armor only (all leather and ingot types), all magic weapons and nonexceptional runics, exceptional runic weapons up to Gold, all potions allowed for FFN 3.
    *NO heal wands
    *NO controls (summons, tames, mounts)
    *NO field spells
    *NO stealing
    *NO dropping blocking items
    *NO hiding/invis
    *ANYTHING ELSE goes

By participating and attending you agree to follow all referee instructions and to exhibit good sportsmanship. If your banned from Pill's tower and want to participate IRC me or stand out front and rubber band a few times off the steps and I'll lift the ban until you give me reason to reinstate it.

Any items you bring will be at your own risk.

The time limit for all matches except the finals will be 7 minutes. The time limit for the finals will be 10 minutes. The match will pause once the limit has been reached players will be reset for sudden death. In the tradition of Stormhold's Friday Night Fights, during sudden death the audience will be permitted to cast fire fields and/or poison fields into the arena.

Anytime a UOR wide event is in-progress (such as holidays) FFN will be suspended, FFN will resume once the event concludes.
    1v1: FFN statues first, second and third (provided staff can leave them for us)
    1st place: 60k & 3 plat
    2nd place: 30k & 2 plat
    3rd place: 2 plat and a "get better newb" pat on the back

Last man standing:
    5 plat

I shortened the length of match times (8 to 7 and 12 to 10).

Sponsors: @Pill, Artex, @Bogugh, @Pax Romain (he never takes the gold!), @Iago @Cindrew @Treasureman

If you wish to contribute PM myself or @scuba.

Regarding donations: I will be posting what's given and distributed without listing names if we get donations for clarity. What I contribute won't be listed. Honestly it's about the game and people, I could give a blank about sandies, anni outfits, how fat your/my bank is etc. If I run out of gold/plat you'll see the awards drop off.

Donations each line is a separate donation and how utilized:
    100K donated - added to participant only awards fund
    100k donated - used for FFN winner fund
    50K donated - used to fund FFN awards
    25K donated - used to fund awards
    exceptional gold short spear to be dice rolled for 11/20 for participants of the Mongbat event
    2 Million Gold, 130 Platinum, Large Keep, Villa - used to fund FFN and special event awards
    2 million gold used for FFN, joust, summons wars, last man standing event prize payouts
    Large potted plant and dyed orc helm color 2224, helm to be given away in a dice roll, potted plant tbd.

Thanks to: @Pill, @scuba, @Bogugh (I did a little copy and pasting!), @Vlar for hosting FFN for a long stretch, I enjoyed it!

Anyone ruining the FFN experience will be dealt with and if your persistent = banned. Locking the front doors after the matches start is a possibility but last resort if griefing is an issue. If you block the ring entrance you may be removed if you fail to follow requests to move out of the way. In the future we may choose to modify rules regarding purple pots and other potions pending the consensus of attending pvpers.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Invoker, crazydaze, Pill and 6 others like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Thanks for bring this back. I know many people enjoy being part of the fighting. I enjoy watching, will certainly try to be there to cheer the noncombat -ers on.

Good luck to all who fight.
    Artex likes this.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

What's the special item? Xmas scroll! Come get some Friday night! Xmas scroll give away to participants of last man standing and 1v1.

Winner of the roll for a scroll: Kore (sorry I shortened up your name) won the scroll!
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Jupiter likes this.
  4. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Bump: don't miss out on a chance for the x mas scroll participant only dice roll give away!

Winner of the roll for a scroll: Kore
    Zyler, Pill and Jupiter like this.
  5. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

1st Pill the Mack
    2nd Woody III
    3rd Richard DaVante
    Last man standing: Woody III (people need to review the rules in the FFN post. There will be no hiding allowed no matter what style last man standing.

Event results: http://challonge.com/FFN_2

Thank you to many of the pvpers (mainly @Pill) who with last minute messaging brought a lot of people out to the event! Posting in the forum player event thread hasn't been an effective advertising tool as the postings get "lost" or pushed into the back ground unless bumped a crazy amount.

8 participants and under will be double elimination.
    8 and over will be single elimination.

I realize the amount of sideline time is involved waiting for your match, working toward reducing it and moving the event along a bit faster. I'm relatively new when it comes to hosting so your patience is appreciated.

From this point forward there will be NO substitutions, only byes if your next bracket opponent had to leave or is unresponsive for a period of time. I added a substitution (not thinking anyone would care... oops) for a match after a player left (after the departed's first round loss) and got a ton of heat for it and I apologize.
    Invoker likes this.
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

FFN this Friday night October 14th 8pm PST! @Chris will have first and second place trophies!! I would like to have a joust after the tournament with a special prize for the winner! Joust will be single tile run through your opponent type arrangement. Weapon and armor rules will be the same as FFN 1v1 except no casting, with only red pots allowed and no wands, no prior buffing. Melee only joust on foot or horse. Double hits during passing your opponent, will cause a joust reset. Archers only allowed to have one arrow or bolt in their packs each run thru. If you wiff that counts, if you don't swing that's also on you. There will be a pause after each run through to drink a red pot and let swing timers reset.
    @Pill, @scuba, @Pax Romain, @Invoker, @Ron Jeremy Please help get the word out!
    Jupiter likes this.
  7. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

8. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Mid week bump!
  9. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

That was a lot of fun - thank you for hosting it!
    Artex likes this.
  10. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

11. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Thank you Alex C and Xegug for writing up rulebooks!

http://challonge.com/FFN_4

FFN 4:
    Richard De'Vante 1st
    Woody III 2nd
    Turbo 3rd

Last Man:
    WoodyIII
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    Alex Caember and Jupiter like this.
  12. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Now that Halloween has concluded FFN is back on!! See the original post in this thread for details!
  13. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

11/18 FFN Results

Okay wow we had great fights and many great (low hp) saves during pvp! Few ended in sudden death as well.

1st Pax Romain
    2nd tiffany~
    3rd Invoker
    Jupiter likes this.
  14. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

FFN 11/18/2016 Screenshots

Am I the only one with auto-death capture on during these? haha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STAVROGIN, Dun Scaith, Artex and 2 others like this.
  15. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Thanks Jupiter for posting the pictures. I need to follow through on those!

BUMP for 12/2

Participant only dice roll for a mystery item!
    Jupiter likes this.
  16. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Happening tonight!
  17. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Late updating FFN post but it's on for tonight. Standard PvP 1v1 tonight.
  18. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Mid week bump. Come compete this Friday night!
  19. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Friday 2/3 11pm EST Buc's Gate Tower. If there's 10+ fighters 250K purse for the first place winner!

Thanks to all the participants that showed up.

1st Paxinator
    2nd Amfekk
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    amfeKk likes this.
  20. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Sharpen your fighting skills and join in! Don't be intimidated give it a try. Friday 2/10 est 11pm est FFN_10. 250k gp for first place again. Neither prize check was claimed last Friday! Special item dice roll give away for participants!