One guide to rule them all. One guide to find them.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Basoosh, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. Aegis

Aegis Member

I think i went from vendor bought carpentry to GM with around 53k boards. I think I strayed a bit from the guide at the early stages as some items cost less boards while still giving good gains
  3. Gideon Jura

4. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

When beginning to train tinkering, I recommend you try hammers for awhile in the late 30's to mid 40's. They use 1 ingot and seem to give better gains.
  5. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For tailoring I recommend doing short pants till the high 40's instead of fancy shirts. They're the same difficulty and cost fewer resouces. Also, skirts work well till the mid 50's.

Short pants to 48, skirts to 54, robes to 74.6 worked very well for me.
  6. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Not sure where else to say this, but in this guide and in the compendium it states that animal lore helps in taming creatures. I believe it only helps in giving successful commands and makes veterinary more effective. If anyone knows that I am wrong in this feel free to contribute!
  7. qbradq

qbradq Member

On tailoring, Fancy Shirts hit 100% success rate at 49.8 displayed skill and stops giving gains. Also, shouldn't all of these be displayed skill instead of real? Anyhow, I switched to Fancy Dress at this point. Still working.
  8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is correct, animal lore has no influence on whether or not you will fail or succeed to tame a creature & this is entirely calculated by the tamer's skill in animal taming. That entry on the Compendium for animal lore is an error, & there is likely other instances where information is not entirely correct. A bulk of this data was exported from a handful of sources, and we've not yet been able to go back & give it an extensive review & overhaul.

Thanks!
  9. Gideon Jura

10. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I just recently started on Inscription, but copying books from one to the other was able to get me to 50.0, instead of 45.0.

Thanks for this guide though, I've been referring to it on a daily basis. Would love to see it expanded even further. One piece of info that would be useful is if we knew the 'estimated gold amount to GM'.
  11. qbradq

qbradq Member

Tailoring: Took me about 20k cloth to get to Oil Cloth skill (74,6 displayed). Freaking robes suck :( It took 5764 Oil Cloths to hit 99.5 real and displayed. I'll let you know when I GM how much leather it took.

Oh, also that 20k cloth was with cutting the results. So maybe 35k total cloth used? I dunno.

Edit: 99.5 to GM took 750 leather with recycling
  12. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Hey, not to nit pick.. but just noticed what is probably a cut and past error

13. pdodd

pdodd New Member

Suggestion: For Forensic Evaluation, you should add that you can tell whether or not a player is in the Thieves Guild, and if they are, it will make them grey to you. I found that info in this post by Chris:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1448

Towards the bottom in the "Perma Grey Flag" section: "If you are a member of the NPC Thieve's Guild, any player who successfully uses the Forensic Evaluation skill to reveal your membership in said guild may either attack or steal from you. If a player attacks you and that player dies and reports you for murder, you will be suspended from the thieves guild for the amount of time it takes for the short murder count (8 hours) to decay. While suspended you still cannot give murder counts, but cannot use the disguise kit or steal from innocents."
  14. Gideon Jura

15. qbradq

qbradq Member

The advice on Item ID is outdated. ID wands no longer drop like candy.
  16. Basoosh

New format looks nice. Great job and thanks for upkeeping this thing.

Is it the part about the Brit GY?

They still seem to be dropping OK for me. I purchased one ID wand when I was a noobie from a player vendor, and I've just continually found replacements since then. Not a ton, but enough to keep me going.
  17. Basoosh

For raising lockpicking, you can no longer go 0-95 on a GM locked box. You need to have incrementally stronger boxes.

0-30: Train from an NPC (tinkers)
    30-50: Use a 30/30 player created locked box (create a new character with 30 tinker/30 carpentry)
    50-76: Use a 50/50 player created locked box (create a new character with 50 tinker/50 carpentry)
    76-95: Use a 100/100 player created locked box (maybe ask on IRC...)
    95-GM: Level 4 Dungeon Chests
  18. Gideon Jura

19. qbradq

qbradq Member

Didn't know wands were still dropping. I haven't been getting any and I'm grinding bones like crazy recenty. Maybe just bad luck.

Also, you can go from 30 to 76 Lockpicking on a 50/50 chest using only a few more picks (like 50 more). Just did that on my LP'er because I had tons of picks and fewer character slots :D All the way to 95 only took 600 picks.
  20. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Assuming we're referencing the ID wands which at one time were potentially dropping off graveyard spawn, this was disabled after the patch which corrected the loot-packs for all critters & other sources. However wands can still drop as loot on higher end creatures, as well as mib's, dungeon chests & treasure chests.