One-line bug fixes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dalavar, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Here's the list of things I think are:
    (a) uncontroversial
    (b) era-accurate
    (c) can be resolved with (I think) a very minor code change

1. War Axe - does not properly drain stamina on hit as per being a mace. Solution: change this to a Bashing weapon.

2. Pack Instinct - only looks at a range of 1 to find other pack animals. Solution change this to 3 to ensure all animals in a pack that are in melee range of a monster are getting the bonus.

3. base Shield AR - here is what it is for a character with GM Parry (source: UO Powergamers):

UOR 2014 UOR 2001
    Buckler 4 7
    Wooden 5 8
    Bronze 6 10
    Metal 7 11
    Tear Kite 7 12
    Metal Kite 9 16
    Heater 13 23

4. Stone fences - the stone fence post only exists in one orientation, and as such one cannot make a stone fence that looks correct:
    [​IMG]

5. Tinkering says these items will retain their ingot color when crafted, but they don't:
    - cleaver
    - butcher knife
    - skinning knife

6. Monsters without loot packs:
    - trolls
    - phoenix
    - slime
    - lava snake
    - kirin
    - rat
    - giant rat

7. Zookeper guy tells you the number of *bonus* bonding slots you have, not total slots.

8. large "pedistal" should be spelled "pedestal"

9. Weapons and armor durability. Effectiveness is currently scaled directly with ItemHP/MaxHP. So weapon with 74/100 HP does only 74% its max damage. It should be 50 + (itemHP/maxHP)/2. So weapon with 74/100 HP does 87% max damage. Items about to break would be 50% of their top damage.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    One, BlackEye, Gozinya and 2 others like this.
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One and Gozinya like this.
  3. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Can we standardize the case in item descriptions (e.g. [blessed/Exceptional])? Maybe it doesn't both anyone else but I'm a very case sensitive person. o_O
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

One likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

1. Will take a bit of work as War Axes have a secondary function of functioning like an axe, additional work will be needed to assign them the features of a bashing weapon and still retain their axe functions.

Currently this works by checking a 1 tile range around the defender. Since diagonals report a range of 1.6ish it would only include the cardinal directions. Ill adjust it to a range of two on test center and give animals a "Say" commands should they detect others from their pack. This should help analyze its effect.

Our current armor base for those is correct. Not sure if there is a display/modifier issue with how they are displayed ingame.

Stone Rail.png Fence2.png

Due to the design of these items they can be a bit confusing to work with, but they should be flippable to allow for a closed design. You cannot however make a rail > post > rail > post design

You would need to do Post > Rail > Post > Post > Rail > Post design for it to look right.

Added to the work list with other crafting menu todo's

Trolls were fixed in patch 52. The rest will be resolved in Patch 58.

I think I fixed this a while back. I assume you are referring to when you turn in the quest.

Should be fixed ingame, however the core item type is misspelled and will still show that way on the website.

This is how it currently works for armor and weapons on Renaissance.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    One and Dalavar like this.
  6. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

No biggie, but I wouldn't mind golem kills being tracked by the website
    Dalavar likes this.
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

If necessary, or even just easier, I'd say removing their "axe" functionality in favor of bashing is still a huge win. War axe fills a very important role in the bashing category (fastest 1H mace), whereas its ability to chop trees is handled by any actual axe. I'd put the over/under on pings from people asking why their war axe won't chop trees would be 1.5 between now and 2022.

I will look into the shields and try to figure out why they're displaying differently. I know display AR is not a perfect correlation with actual AR when you're talking about armor pieces, but I thought it was exactly 1:1 for shields.
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

They are as of Patch 57. I just need to create their entry in the compendium.
    Jack of Shadows likes this.