Open this spot for housing? or put a new building here?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Peon, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Peon

Peon Member

This is purely a suggestion thread. I know of no evidence that this was ever open for housing or if a building was put here.

There is a huge spot right outside of vesper large enough for a tower. I was really excited when I saw it then I was disappointed when I found that it is in a zone where housing can't be placed.

I remember when different properties opened up in places it was a really huge deal and a really fun event and I think this would be an opportunity to create that once more.
    This space isn't being used for anything else and I can't think of a reason not to open it up.

If not opening it for housing maybe put another building here. Like over in Brit there was that huge irritating spot that was half in the guard zone where the dueling arena is now. If another arena or maybe a bagball arena or something along that lines could be put here that would be really interesting.

I don't know all the technicalities of this, but I was curious as to what other people thought.

Spot.PNG
  2. BelXavier

BelXavier Member

I've had my eye one that spot since I started playing here. Not sure why you can't place a house.
    newme and Peon like this.
  3. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

The area outside of Covetous and several areas in Britain also were open to housing on OSI. There is also a spot to the left of the Western bull pen in Jhelom that should host a house.

I fully agree that your spot should be able to have a tower in it.
    newme likes this.
  4. Peon

Peon Member

As I was thinking about this the server isn't quite in a housing cram yet and this would benefit the economy more later on when there literally isn't any more housing space opposed to know when there is still plenty to be found. It would also mean that more people would be fighting over the spot in the event that housing is limited. Maybe this is still something to be considered but a little bit later on?
    newme likes this.
  5. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

It would be better to open up housing like this as quickly as possible so that vendors could establish themselves and take up their roots. Take what Gideon has done with her property, for example.
    newme likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not a bad idea, The only reason housing is not enabled there is because of the way Vesper is setup region wise.
    newme likes this.
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Chris, While we're on the subject, there's a ton of land right in front of Wrong too.
    newme likes this.
  8. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

And we're barely using Trammel at all. . . WTF?

In all seriousness, though, it looks like a bagball field to me.
    newme, Jupiter and Wulver like this.
  9. Aya

Aya Active Member

I think an Orc Fort would be amazing there...and outside of Covetous and outside of Wrong!!!
    newme and Xegugg like this.
  10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

There are some spots on Jhelom main island that could put small houses outside guard zone but you just can't place there as well.
    newme likes this.
  11. Rex

Rex Active Member

I think there be plenty of orcs in the land as it is. A mainland pirate camp however....
    newme likes this.
  12. Aya

Aya Active Member

Mainland pirate camp? Then it would just be a brigand area...
  13. Peon

Peon Member

I was more thinking more geared towards land opening event to stimulate pvp not this trammy mob spawn stuff. RPers have plenty of places to play around at and pvp is in a bit of a dip, but will pick up with the holidays.
    newme likes this.
  14. Aya

Aya Active Member

I think in reality a place like that or the areas we are discussing such as Covetous, Wrong, Jhelom and there is a spot or two in Brit that may be the same? Would be nice to have for a Christmas raffle or something? Say, buy tickets to the raffle for (insert gold or platinum amount here) or whatever...of course it is a gold sink and does something nice for everyone...OR we could just make them Orc forts and call it a day.

I totally do not agree with just opening new spots just for the taking however. Might as well make it so anyone has a chance for the spot.
    newme and Xegugg like this.
  15. Aya

Aya Active Member

I get what you are saying, but that is not really going to stimulate PvP for more than a few minutes (until it is placed). I believe that the players themselves need to stimulate PvP...not some housing spot.

However, if there was a static building in a place like that and it was say Order's stronghold and Chaos had the spot outside of Brit as a static stronghold...then that might stimulate PvP...this is just an idea...and may be lame. But, anything is better than giving the areas up to some silly land grab.
    newme likes this.
  16. Rex

Rex Active Member

Well said. I fail to see the difference between the daily idocs and opening this up as a land grab. If I thought PvP would actually benefit from that I would be all for it.
    With that said, pirates be very amphibious and I see no reason to be limited to never visited islands.
    [​IMG]
    English John, newme, Codus and 2 others like this.
  17. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Wait a second. . . What's wrong with the open space?

Does it just seem odd that it doesn't have an empty house on it because that's what we're used to?

Now that I think about it I kinda like it the way it is. In fact, I think Telamon should bulldoze large tracts of the northern territories and bloody plains. . . Knock down that abandoned building on Justice Island, too.
    newme, Geo and Wulver like this.
  18. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

But if this were to happen what would be the point of refreshing my Summer Wind ferry system?
    newme likes this.
  19. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to my collective farming scheme?!
    newme likes this.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Same point as refreshing that useless tower. None.

It's your world though, so suture yourself.

As for the OP, yeah and can I get a small tower on WBB roof while we're at it?
    newme likes this.