Orcish Bow

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tashlin, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

I alread brought this to attention in irc but figured i'd post it like a sticky note just in case.

Orcish bows are consuming 2 arrows per shot.
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Interesting, this clearly shouldn't happen, only 1 arrow should be consumed per shot.

Thanks for the report Tashlin
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How about we hit 2 targets at the same time, or double up on one enemy present? That way you don't have to fix it Eze!
  4. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

Just an update, orcish bow still using 2 arrows.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I reviewed this and it is coded specifically to use two arrows per shot, and is capable if doing more damage than a normal bow. However in a quick web search I was unable to find any information on this weapon and the proper functionality. I will keep looking, however this seems to be functioning properly as coded.
  6. Spoiled Milk

Spoiled Milk New Member

An Corp!

Found some info from around 2004. When the orcish event started and all the orcs got an upgrade from the regular/captain/lord/mage to include Choppers, Bombers, Scouts, as well as their counterparts, The Savages.

http://www.uorares.com/Database/Quests/orcscenario.php

I'd love to see some of these things back in UO as they are era accurate (especially the bolas). What do you guys think?
  7. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that the Orc scenario described there was part of either Third Dawn or Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, not Renaissance. Best I can find at a quick search is that the Orc scenarios began in mid-2001 -- which was 3-4 months after the release of Third Dawn, and can't really be considered part of the Ren era.
  8. Spoiled Milk

Spoiled Milk New Member

You're right, according to stratics those appeared in June 2001 with The Savage Empire quest line, 2 months after 3D (April 2001).

Why do we have the scouts and bombers then? (please don't remove these, I love extra orcs)
  9. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, its probably another one of those things that exists in the default RunUO config. Not everything has been configured from default here; theres a lot of custom work and tweaking, but a lot of them are still out of the box. This is probably just one of those things -- though I think that the savage kin paint and a couple other items related to this were being considered. I know I've seen them mentioned.

I doubt the orcs are going anywhere, and I wouldn't rule out the other aspects purely because they're not from UOR -- thats not an automatic elimination for possible inclusion here.