Ore Elementals

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Arnold Lutz, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

I've Killed quite a few ore elementals now, and found the type of ore dropped very peculiar.
    Most common ore elementals seem to always drop 25 ore of the large ore type for me (the type that 1 ore yields 2 ingots) except for Shadow elementals. And the Stonecraft ore types (Stone, Sandstone, Marble) seem to have a chance to drop the 3 other variations with a lesser chance (small, round, and scattered). Except for shadow ore elementals, seems to be on the same chance as the Stonecraft ores.
    Unless this is crazy random luck, I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing what I was. Not a single other element dropped a lesser variation of ore type except shadow.

Ore elemental kills
    Dull Copper Elemental - 233
    Shadow Elemental - 64 - of the kills 11 have yielded one of the 3 smaller ore types.
    Copper Elemental - 28
    Bronze - 76
    Golden - 39
    Agapite - 40
    Verite - 11
    Valorite - 118

Stone - 152 - of the kills 22 have yielded one of the 3 smaller ore types.
    Sandstone - 83 - of the kills 15 have yielded one of the 3 smaller ore types.
    Marble - 123 - of the kills 18 have yielded one of the 3 smaller ore types
  2. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Crazy random luck -- I've seen a fairly equal spread of the smaller ore types across all types of elementals. They do seem to be slightly more common with the stone elementals, but I assumed that was intentional for a ballast of rarity within the system.
  3. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

Thats wild, if there is a chance on all types and i only get shadow, seems impossible. I literally will farm dull copper to fill bods and get the same ore every time 10/10. Then his like 3 shadow spots and always get smaller ore types.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I have never seen anything but 25 large on the Dull Copper Elementals.

Shadow Iron Elementals are weird... they are supposed to receive 0 damage from pets, but it turns out they do get damaged by them, albeit VERY slowly. I cannot tell whether it's melee, spells, or firebreath that does it.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Stone is my worst nemesis as well, although sandstone is not great either, seems like marble is by far the most common large ore type provider.

If I get some time at work I'll try to do some mining and log my results.