OSI player found way here.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dragkiris, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Dragkiris

Dragkiris New Member

Hey guys,

Im now a former OSI player that has found this shard lol. Looks great so far. I do have some question since I havent played this era since OSI introduced pub 16 lol. So here goes.
    1: Pvp templates- I assume you guys included specso n 2 handed weps (crushing, para, conc blows) and included the LJ damage bonus
    2: Does inscription give a damage bonus here or does it only beef up the RA and protection spells?
    3: This is the era of the heal stun punch mages correct?
    4: Are fencing tank mages viable in this era?
    5:I saw bard skills are dif based. If I remember right this was introduced with powerscrolls (could be wrong) how are the high end mobs going to work with provo (can I provo balrons and AW reliably at GM?)
    6: Taming: I saw pet bonding was here, are there control slots also?
    7: Skill gain- did you guys keep the 8x8 anti-macro code?
    8: Are there ethys or some equivilant here? If so how do you get them.

Anyway, thats it for now. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to playing real UO again with you guys.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome aboard. Hopefully that answers all of your questions.
  3. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you're going after high end game like ballies, bring a GM instrument (if you can't get your hands on a slayer) and friends. The AI here is crazy intelligent. It takes some getting use to. Start with ice fiends or demons, then work your way to dragons. Adjust to the mana dump and the AI before trying to tackle a balron. I've seen groups of people drop to ballies here. Most of them give up and try to find easier targets.