Our February event

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Lord Krake, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello PS, and everyone else who read this.

Here is the next big event Project Sanctuary is hosting. I sent this to my guild council, so I am just copying and pasting this for everyone else to read so we are all on the same page. Thanks!

Hey hey guys,

So I really apologize for not explaining this event. I thought you all had understood what it was based on the forum post I made a while back asking for donations of gear. Its all planned out already, but I still need help running it.

This is what it is, in the most detail I can describe.

First - The PS Drop House, the small tower called PS South Watch, is the building this event will take place. Its the place where I am having everyone donate gear. We have thousands of items there already and I dont plan on moving all of them.

The event:

1. I will post a Forum thread telling ALL new players, not just PS, that we are having a New Player Raffle. They will sign up on the forums as long as they are less than a month old to this server.

2. After giving the community 1 week (maybe 10 days) for new players to sign up, we, the council, will randomly pick 10 winners. We will post the winners to the thread.

3. On the chosen day, likely a Saturday morning or afternoon or evening, we will gather the winners, either as a group, or individually. Have them come into the small tower as a host, rez them, and them give them 10 mins to go through everything and pick out what they want and what they can carry. At the end of the 10 mins we will either just eject them, or have them come back tot he main level, head outside, and someone will gate them to safety. We will do this for each winner.

4. The gear in the tower needs to be more randomized, and is everything from ruin to vanq, hardening to invuln, weps, armor, items, some rares, some furniture. The point is to make them dig through stuff, within the time limit, and find some choice items. I am open to adding more stuff like checks, plat, t-maps and whatever else we think a new player would like to have.

So there it is. Again sorry i didnt communicate this as well as I should have.
    We have the building set up already.
    The mechanics are in place for the event to be run.

What I would ask from you all is to help re-organize some of the chests and bags, which I will friend or co-own you all to the house.
    As it is now, some of the chests are full of only vanqs, so I dont want them to just sit at that chest and fill up; I want them to search through the chests and try to dig for better gear. All chests should have all type of gear in them.

And this is for ANY new player to the shard.

I am doing this event because the first month I was here, two others players did this for me, and I was the first one to have a shot at all the stuff in their treasure room.

If you have any questions, want to suggest additions, or want to donate more, please let me know. I will also get you friended or co-owned as soon as I can.

I would like to plan this event for the first week in Feb.

Thanks guys!

~Krake
    Dr Satan, Lightshade, Zyler and 4 others like this.
  2. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Krake you plan on being online this weekend?
  3. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member

This sounds like a blast and a good way to recruit new players. Is there a specific date yet?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  4. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Not yet. Late Feb is what it looks like it will be. Will keep everyone updated as we figure it out!