Paid for Mining - A Worker's Journal

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Shadow, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Shadow

Shadow Member

Upon hearing the offering for paid labor I was elated. Very few if any corporations exist out there let alone ones that will pay individuals for labor. Most people have to rely on their own wit to survive in the wild from man, beast, and nature lest they succumb to the fiery chasm of darkness. Even harder is it to come upon fortune as it typically involves the slaying of extraordinary beasts of unfathomable powers to procure any treasure they may possess. This is not simple work for a simple miner. My skillsets fall in... mining! So I took up the opportunity with the strange man in Occlo and trusted in his word that I would not be harmed as I entered in to the moongate that he provided me. I shut my eyes upon entering seeing the blue ring before that moment and when I opened them again a man greeted me, a large L-Shaped estate behind him. The sign on the estate read "The Bureau of Investigation". I was quickly hurried inside and rushed upstairs where I sat in a waiting room with many dusty books strewn about on the tables. After waiting for at least twenty minutes in the room I was called in where I was met by a man that called himself Sawyer. He sat me down across a very large table and presented to me a contract to sign. It seemed pretty inocuous, so I quickly signed me name where than Sawyer had me wait again so he could make a copy. As I stood up to exit he quickly stopped me and asked me to give another contract to the man outside the one who greeted me. It was an odd piece of rolled parchment that smelled... deathly, but I obliged. He bid me good luck and farewell told me to exit the complex. On the outside the man who first greeted me handed me supplies to mine and we awaited for our transportation. It was only us this time I was informed. Our transportation arrived and he bid us a farewell as we descended into the glowing blue portal to another side, a mountainous side, nothing out of the ordinary for mining. The odd part was when I had to be next to the man, my protection, he now smelled of death and his face seemed glazed over. "Never mind him" I thought to myself, picked up my pickaxe and began my laborious work. Twenty minutes passed by, I smelted my ore to suitable ingots and accompanied the guard through the moongate. Nothing bizarre happened beyond this. I gave him my ingots and in return he gave me the check for 10,000 gold coins. A black smudge or tar rather seemed to be stuck on the check but he quickly ran into the deep woods before I could question otherwise. "Odd fellows" I said out loud, but they did pay well enough.

http://uorforum.com/threads/notice-to-all-dwellers-seeking-paid-work.19511/
    (D%), Ahirman and AlexCCCP like this.