Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by One, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Maybe a cool down or random chance to automatically execute such attacks would be more appropriate. A cool down is less easily gamed than stam costs (with total refresh pots, that is). Random chance better simulates the chaotic frenzy of battle and finding a lucky opening in the enemy's defense.
    One likes this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  3. Knoc

Knoc Member

Just a few days ago I sent a note to Telamon because I was reading on the Broadsword UO site and noticed that the success of parry was based on dexterity. The more dex you have, the more successful your chance of parry. This is a number that can be easily tweaked and adjusted. So let's say at GM you have a flat 25% chance to parry and this increases by 1% per 10 points of dex, maxing out at 35% chance to parry. Why not simply adjust this number to 1.5% or something of that nature? Then the dexxers benefit the most from having parry while not giving other templates too much power.

upload_2015-9-3_9-19-55.png
  4. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

Have you ever played against the Parry/Scribe flag runners in CTF? Parry only needs a buff PVM for a different option other fielding a tamer.
    One likes this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

6. fotsvett

fotsvett New Member

Mirror shield that reflects some magic, will break real easy if a weapons weapon hits it and not give any good armor against dexxors. High dex needed to be able to parry.
    One likes this.
  7. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Absolutely no impact to pvp. Discussions will be forever quagmired if you are proposing serious PvP changes.

Yes to magic reflection/absorb. Yes to firebreath/absorb. These are two big reasons why dexxers cannot compete in PvM.
  8. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's fairly simple but I believe at some point parrying gave you a slight defensive bonus when using a two-handed weapon. I don't see any reason not to have that functionality. It wouldn't be dramatic but might inspire a few warriors looking to fill that last skill spot that wouldn't choose parrying otherwise due to the bonuses two-handed weapons offer.
    One, Nymeros and Alice Asteroid like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

However this pans out, I absolutely demand that the ability to parry with a fishing pole not be altered for the worse in any way.

* throws gauntlet down on the table *
    Godric Greycliff likes this.
  10. Eaos

Eaos New Member

I do not like the idea of giving abilities pvm abilities that do not apply to pvp. either apply to both or redesign
    One likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One likes this.
  13. Nerull

Nerull Member

Amazing. I love this idea.
  14. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Normally, I would agree, but when it comes to PvP changes, you just will not get anything close to a common consensus. People will think roach mages are coming, some will love it, some will hate it, nothing will get done because of the divide.
  15. Eaos

Eaos New Member

I hate to bring it up, but look at wow and the absolute mess they made of the game when they did it, it creates confusion for players and a sense of waste of points on their character. They are constantly tweaking their systems to try and make it work while the player base is telling them it won't and they don't like it. It seems to be one of those things that looks good on paper but when implemented doesn't really work.

I am a parry/ macer I would LOVE to see parry buffed, but I think there are better ways than separating the game into 2 facets, I just feel the Trammel mindset at work here.
  16. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  17. Eaos

Eaos New Member

I do like the idea of slayer shi
    I do like the idea of slayer shields as they put another item into the economy, give a greater sense of risk vs reward, and they address the issue of enhancing melee templates in pve without funny mechanics that confuse players. Really cool idea
  18. Nerull

Nerull Member

Chaos and Order shields could do something special too. Something that would promote more chaos vs order, After the patch Factions can go Chaos and Order as well.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Knoc

Knoc Member

Can we just start a poll to implement Gideon's slayer shield idea now?
    Erza Scarlet and One like this.