Patch 18: Sept 20th 2012 - Events, Item & Skill Updates

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

• Factions
      • Fixed a problem with the faction vendor list not showing the new combined faction vendor.
    • Bulk Order Deeds
      • Adjusted the cloth rewards for tailoring BOD's to provide the correct level of cloth based on the reward level. 100,80,60,40,20 yards respectively.
      • Resolved a problem with the 5 charge powder of fortification reward not being given correctly. Thanks Westra
      • Added some additional code clarifcation to the vendors that provide bulk order deeds to refine their reactions.
      • Adjusted the skill check for being offered a BOD to begin at 70.0 real skill.
      • Improved the functionality of the "Order Status" command so that vendors will check your timer and skill level and provide a related message.
      • Removed the ability to close the Bulk Order Offer gump on accident. You must now accept or cancel the offer.
        Keep in mind cancelling does not mean the vendor will keep offering you bulk order deeds. You must wait another 6 hours.
    • Powder of Fortification
      • Updated way that the powder is applied to items to allow it to improve the maximum durability of items.
      • Updated the way in which it handles the current durability of an item to provide a small level of repair.
      • Adjusted the powder so it now works on clothing, shoes and masks.
        All wearable items can now be affected by the powder of fortification.
      • Updated the way in which the powder functions when an item has been upgraded to the maximum durability.
        The item will be repaired slightly, however the maximum durability will not be affected in this situation.
      • Re-designed all of the system messages related to the use of the powder to be more clear.
      • Adjusted the single click description of the powder of fortification.
        See the arms lore improvements for information about checking the current status of an item.
    • Housing
      • Applied a temporary adjustment to the way in which Meteor Storm and Chain Lighting function in a housing region. Thanks Mandevu, Gymkana
        This change is a temporary measure to address some house killing exploits that were reported by our testers.
        This will be removed once these exploits are fixed and the correct line of sight functionality is implemented for housing regions.
    • Anti AFK Gathering System
      • Updated the time to respond to the gump from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.
    • Fishing & Messages in a Bottle
      • Removed some incorrect code from the fishing code resulting in level 4 chests being fished up from messages in a bottle. Thanks Darkwing
      • The correct randomization of level 1-3 chests will now be found.
      • Fixed a problem with the code that was resulting in only gold metal chests and wooden chests being obtained from fishing up a message in a bottle.
      • Applied the correct chance for a metal chest to be fished up (15%), and implemented a 50% chance for a gold lined or dull metal chest.
    • Items
      • Updated all clothing items, masks, and sandals methods of handling durability and damage.
      • Updated the damage level of explosion potions to be in line with Renaissance era documentation
      • Created a variety of new custom rare items to be implemented in events.
      • Fixed a problem with cartography that was resulting in invalid maps being created in rare circumstances.
      • Fixed a line of sight problem with maps resulting in odd messages when clicking on a map outside of your backpack.
      • Fixed the single click display of level 6 treasure maps.
    • Mobiles
      • Added several new custom monsters to be used in the land rush event.
        Emerald Elemental, Emerald Serpent, Forest Imp. Black Widow, and Deadwood Reaper
      • Added an array of boss monsters that soon will be found in various locations in the world.
        These monsters are extremely difficulty and will require teamwork to defeat, however the rewards will be worth the effort.
      • Adjusted the loot on a variety of monsters to proper chance based mechanics.
    • Skills - General
      • The Alchemy skill will no longer influence the damage from explosion potions.
      • Adjusted the special attacks when using a spear to have a duration of 4 seconds, from the existing 2 seconds.
      • Added a check to make sure that players cannot be paralyzed (frozen) if they are already frozen from a special attack.
      • Disabled the stat loss that was being applied to animals once they were successfully tamed.
        Tamed animals will now have the same stats before and after the tame
        Successfully taming an animal which is paralyzed at the time of the taming will still yield the normal stat-loss
      • Adjusted the passive gain of lumberjacking from combat to stop at 60.
    • Spells
      • Adjusted the method in which the lightning spell damage is calculated after a successful resist check.
      • Adjusted the method in which the fireball spell damage is calculated after a successful resist check.
      • Adjusted the method in which the Energy Bolt spell damage is calculated after a successful resist check.
      • Adjusted the method in which the Explosion spell damage is calculated after a successful resist check.
    • Skills - Arms Lore
      • Arms lore has been adjusted to work on all items that can be worn, such as clothing, sandals and masks.
      • When using the arms lore skill on clothing items you will be presented with two details about the item.
      • The first messages is the standard check of the items condition.
        This messages is based on the current items durability vs the maximum durability of the item.
      • An additional message has been added to the system to display the items maximum durability in the following format
        • 225 to 255 - it is impossibly well crafted.
        • 200 to 224 - it is fantastically well crafted.
        • 175 to 199 - it is exceptionally well crafted.
        • 150 to 174 - it is very well crafted.
        • 125 to 149 - it is moderately well crafted.
        • 100 to 124 - it is somewhat well crafted.
        • 75 to 99 - it is slightly well crafted.
        • 50 to 74 - it is ordinarily crafted.
        • 25 to 49 - it is plainly crafted.
        • 0 to 24 - is is not well crafted.
        Keep in mind this is not a reflection of the crafted quality of the item, just a representation of the maximum durability of that item.
        We are also working on a bug discovered during this process that is resulting in exceptionally crafted items not being granted additional durability.
      • Converted most of the system messages sent from use of the arms lore skill to ascii text.
      • Converted the arms lore skill to a system that combines two types of messages to provide more information about an item.
        [​IMG]
        Additional information detailing the arms lore messages and their meaning can be found in the compendium here
    • Administrative
      • Additional improvements to the administrative gump related to tracking of the anti afk gathering system.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

wow thanks so much for all the work. :}
  3. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

If they need more than 30 seconds they are obviously AFK...
  4. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

or they could just be looking at their phone to use IRC...

60 seconds sounds fair...
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The afk timer change was based on our research around the system since it was implemented. In most cases the players who failed to answer the gump, took anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours to page or pm staff.

We figured an additional 30 seconds would reduce the stress level some players might feel answering the verification gump.

This could be changed in the future, but at this moment, a little additional time would have no difference on the effectiveness of the system.

That said, if you need to walk away from the computer for any reason, or even minimize the uo window running your macros. Pause your macro! Just because you are at the computer does not excuse you from monitoring your macro'ers.
  6. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

Is the alchemy skill adjustment to explo damage a permanent fix? In IRC staff said damage would be toned down but not 86ed completely.
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Yes. The alchemy bonus to explosion potion damage was an active feature by RunUO default, this is not something that we intentionally added. We left this feature active for a brief time to allow players & staff to experiment with it, but after extensive testing & review of the system we have decided to disable it.

The explosion potions (all types) have had their damage ranges reduced. The default values for damage were extremely high, and would yield upwards of 30 damage even without the alchemy enhancement. Additionally, the alchemy bonus would yield even higher damages which could potentially exceed 40~ damage.

The above is clearly not a balanced mechanic, and modifications have been made in regards to that. The alchemy bonus is something that was mainly geared towards the addition of power-scrolls & stat-scrolls, and is dependent on the 255 stat-cap as well, which we do not have. That being said, the alchemy bonus to explosion potions is not a feature that will we have on Renaissance.
  8. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

i saw you guys took out alchemy because there was no powerscrolls. are you gonna take out anat/eval defensive wrestle too or is that safe?
  9. Ezekiel

Defensive wrestling (Anatomy + Eval Int combo) will not be removed.
  10. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

What is this??
  11. Ezekiel

Defensive wrestling:

Note that the above combination for Anatomy + Eval Int is only defensive, the skill-combo does not yield you the offensive chance to hit an opponent with bare hands. Offensive hit chance with bare hands is only calculated by the wrestling skill.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Nice patch! Thank you for all that effort! And I'd like to openly voice my support of the following part:

I've never even had to deal with the AFK system yet but the few times I've run my short fishing macro I have, in fact, worried considerably about the 30 second timer. Maybe it was unfounded, but a 60 second timer definitely puts me at greater ease. That's short enough to verify that someone isn't truly AFK but long enough that they can visually register the puzzle and get another character to a safe place. Again, nice work!
  13. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

Is there any other things in game that you guys plan on taking out? I've got 3 templates nox alch alch dexxer and alch stun coming along but now they are useless, well not useless but time spent on alchemy is wasted. Will stun and weapon special moves stay? Will poison bonus stay? Will lj bonus be removed?
  14. Ezekiel

Yes.

Yes.

No.
  15. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

I started another tailor on my alt and, according to the patch notes, I should be able to get a tailor BoD. When I say "order status", standing next to the "Tailor", there is no response.
    Am I reading the minimum skill required wrong, or missing something here? My GM tailor is able to use the BoD system without issue, just not this other guy.

With the skill level listed below, should I be able to get a tailor BoD?
    Tailoring 72.1 70.0 +0.6 100.0

Thanks,

-fren
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You should get a response as long as you have .01 in the tailoring skill. If this persists feel free to page us ingame or catch a staff member on IRC to come check out the problem.
  17. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

I figured I should get some sort of response, which I did not get, so that is why I asked. Of all of the times I said "order status" to both the "Tailor" and/or the "Weaver" (not that bum hanging around them), they never responded. (standing either on the same tile as the npc or a tile directly next to the tile they were standing on)

I unlocked my tailor skill and went up +.1 more, to a total of 70.1, and they now respond. I know it's only .1 difference, but what about saying "order status" and not getting any response from the npc's from 0.1 to 70.0? I thought it would say something, yet it had not until 70.1. No biggie on my end here, just curious.

Thanks,

-fren
  18. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yea that's what I suspected, that at exactly 70.0 its probably a check of "<" vs "<="

Thanks for the info.
  19. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

"Tamed animals will now have the same stats before and after the tame
    Successfully taming an animal which is paralyzed at the time of the taming will still yield the normal stat-loss"

Tamed animals still get stat loss with or without paralyze.
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

After reviewing some documentation we determined that the proper settings should be as follows.

a 10% skill loss on a successful tame in normal situations
    a 14% skill loss should the animal be paralyzed at the completion of the tame.

Animals should see no stat loss when a tame is completed.

A bonded pet on death also will lose 10% of its skills. Bonded pets do not currently lose stat points when Resurrected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.