Patch 23: Oct 29th 2012 - Faction, Barding & Event Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

• Event Maintenance
      • Fixed a problem that was causing the death handler for the Halloween Night of Horrors event to pull in players who died during the event, but were not part of the event.
      • Adjusted the speeds of 3 Night of Horrors Zombies to be more zombie like. More Walking Dead less Dawn of the Dead.
      • Adjusted the points given for killing the 2 mini boss monsters and the necromancer Xsi during the Night of Horrors event.
    • Spells
      • Minor update to the Energy Bolt spell to improve its base damage calculation.
      • Updated the protection spell calculation to provide more benefit for the addition of inscription to the mage template.
        Inscription will now account for 50% of the duration, with Eval counting for 25% and Meditation counting for 25%
      • Updated the beneficial spell timer and buff icon for the recast delay after the protection spell to be 60 seconds.
      • Updated the beneficial spell timer delay for Magic Reflect and Reactive Armor to 60 seconds after each spell is broken.
      • Fixed the cooldown buff icons for these spells to match the correct delay in recasting.
    • Players
      • Added some additional "on death" checks to resolve problems with beneficial spells not being properly reset on death.
        If anyone still experiences this problem please let the staff know
    • Barding
      • After some research determined that the Barding skill was applying a range check after a delay of 30 seconds.
      • If the player was outside the standard visual range of the target (10 tile circle around the target) the provocation control would be broken.
      • We also found that in 25-50% of these situations the monsters would continue to fight, as a combat action was in progress as the control was broken.
        We might review the re-aggro issue in the future, however for now we deemed this acceptable.
      • Updated the range calculation to only fail if the provoker leaves a 30 tile range around the target 30 seconds after the provoke is initialized.
        This is 30 tiles in a straight line from the target, and approximately 21 tiles in a diagonal
    • Factions
      • Updated the faction skill loss to be 20% of your base skills, rather than the existing 33% to suit a free shard environment.
      • Updated the skill loss period to be 10 minutes, from the existing 20 minutes to suit a free shard environment.
      • Updated the sigil control corruption timer to 7 hours from 24 hours to suit a free shard environment.
      • Updated the faction leave timer to be 7 days to address faction flip/flopping.
  2. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks as always for your continuing work on this server :)

Could you give us an update on the research into the additional Publish 16 info that Ezekiel was looking into (in Bug Reports)? Whether you're still looking into it, have it on the list to be implemented, or have thrown the whole thing out the window, it'd be cool to let the bard enthusiasts know where they stand.
  3. Prodigy

Prodigy Member

Death at the hands of a Faction Enemy
    In order to add more permanence to the results of faction battles, and add meaning to death in combat without inflicting further economic damage upon the deceased, faction players are subject to a temporary skill loss penalty of 33% when slain by a faction opponent. As described in the time-based operations chart, this penalty lasts 20 minutes. This penalty is also applied if a faction character commits "suicide".
    Note: This penalty is not applied when a faction player is killed by a non-faction player, faction mate, or non-enemy faction monster.

Faction stat loss has ALWAYS been 33%. Implementing a 10 minute stat loss and then reducing the penalty is a bit much, just my opinion.

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_8#Death_ ... tion_Enemy

Everything else looks great!
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Awesome patch

Updated the skill loss period to be 10 minutes, from the existing 20 minutes to suit a free shard environment.
    Updated the sigil control corruption timer to 7 hours from 24 hours to suit a free shard environment.

^^ Especially this.

Prodigy: I think the reason added for shorter time on statloss was because the server isn't as populated as OSI. On osi if a few people died there was more people to fight. As it was people would get stat and logg off or if there was one or two people fighting for sigs and they died the sigs could be corrupted by the time the person was out of stat and restocked. This makes it to where when there is a battle people won't be able to jump right back into the fight but won't miss the entire battle waiting 20 minute and encourage them to get right back out there and fight. At least that was my idea of it when I suggested it to be dropped to 5 minutes but 10 minutes works too.
  5. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is correct, and mechanically accurate for Renaissance Factions. The reason this was changed is that unlike OSI, we do not have 100-200 players participating in each of the 4 factions, so those values are less of a requirement for us. These values can easily be reverted in the future should the faction population spike to an extreme number.
  6. frenulum

frenulum Active Member

as usual, great job guys!
  7. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

I can see the timer thing but if you only do 20% stat loss the faction thieves will ALWAYS be able to steal a sigil if they are in stat or not........Im pretty sure you shouldnt be able to steal a sigil in stat.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh crap, good point!
  9. Luminary

Luminary New Member

Last time I checked the skill check involved in stealing a sigil was a base check, which means in even in stat-loss you were still able to steal the sigil. I know that TB thieves we're stealing sigils from me even after I had just killed them and they resurrected at Magincia healers.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This could be something we look into also as a balancing mechanism if the sigils are steal-able by someone in a skill loss period. I will talk this over with Ezekiel and see what he thinks.

And Prodigy I updated the patch notes to reflect your link as you were correct about the amount of skill loss. However we want to encourage combat, rather than discourage it. Things like this are organic as we see how the playerbase reacts to the change. If this accomplishes the goal of keeping combat lively but applying a base penalty to death in factions then we are on the right track. If this allows someone in skill loss to steal a sigil that they would not normally be able to steal during this period then we will definitely take a look at that.

That could be solved by adding something as simple as a skill loss timer check on a sigil steal attempt.
  11. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

As far as skill loss %, I don't see why it would need to be reduced. You are pretty much out of the fight at 33% or 20%, or at least should be while looting your body and/or restocking from your base or bank. Standing around acting as a mobile obsticle during stat loss should reap consequences :). It's the duration of the skill loss that needed to be addressed, (as stated with the low population of factions, 20 minutes pretty much kills the fight) and has appropriately been reduced.

I agree that a thief in Statloss should in no way be able to steal a sigil from the podiums. I am not sure how it should be in regards to stealing the sigil from an enemies pack though. What is the carrying weight of a sigil?
  12. Luminary

Luminary New Member

I am fairly certain you cannot steal a sigil from another player, the only way to obtain it from them if they are holding it is to kill them.
  13. Ubin

Ubin New Member

What about when you do a successful provo and the monster still does not fight the targeted monster. I had this in Ren, T2A and Aos. Is this just unfixable?
  14. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

I've only been able to look into this briefly, but from what I have been able to gather from testing is that this only occurs when both targets of the provocation are at their maximum distance of both the provocation skill & their perception range. I believe what is causing this is that when both targets are successfully put under provocation, they may be within the provocation range but outside of their perception range, which would cause them to not recognize each other as combatants and engage fighting (since they cannot "see" one another). Distance in a straight line, and diagonally sometimes do not match up, which may also factor into this.

This is mostly an educated guess, and will take more extensive testing to determine if this is the actual cause of this.
  15. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

If your toon is between the two monsters sometimes it will still hit you.Make sure you tab after you provoke and dont stand directly between the two monsters.
  16. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Good advice, but not what they're talking about. Under certain cirucumstances you get a successful provoke message but it actually fails and both monsters attack the bard instead.
  17. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Yes if you are standing directly in between them it can happen.If you arent in between and it happens there is def a problem,
  18. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ordering Bump
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.