Patch 39: June 11th 2013 Detect Hidden, BugFixes, Reg Spawn

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

• Body Parts
      • Fixed a problem in which (non player) Rib cages could not be cut into bones.
        Note: This will not work on Rib Cages from humanoid critters.
      • Fixed a problem with leg bones being labelled improperly.
      • Removed the ability to obtain a bountyable head from a player with less than 5 short/long counts. A head taken from someone with less than 5/5 will not be eligible for a bounty turn in.
    • Boss Monsters
      • Minor adjustment to the boss monsters hit point levels damage resistance.
      • Minor adjustment to the locations in which boss monsters spawn, most should now spawn in more specific areas.
      • Fixed a mistake in patch 38 that reduced the elder wyrm's platinum drop to 1 from 2. It should now drop 2 platinum.
    • Camps
      • Resolved a problem with the monsters that spawn with a camp, were refreshing the camp.
      • Camp should now only self refresh when a player enters a camp region (30 minutes).
      • Created over 100 locations in the old world and lost lands where camps can spawn.
    • Champion Spawn
      • Minor adjustment to the drop rate of platinum during the progressive spawn.
      • Removed some leftover debugging code that was indicating that a player did not stay close enough to their target in order to earn platinum from working the progressive spawn.
    • Crafting
      • Re-wrote the carpentry and masonry crafting list to not require a localization upgrade in order to allow for our custom crafting changes.
    • Client Feature Negotiation
      • Disabled this system.
    • Detect Hidden
      • Allowed detect hidden to provide assistance when unlocking a locked container (Detect Hidden Skill / 20) = bonus to required skill.
        Note: This does not currently make the lock easier to pick, it just allows you to attempt to pick the lock at a lower skill.
      • This check is based on your base skills.
      • Players with detect hidden of 50 or above can successfully detect trapped containers in a general area.
      • Each container found will trigger a skill gain check, allowing for faster training.
        [​IMG]
    • Factions
      • Disable skill loss for faction deaths (This is temporary while we work on factions in upcoming patches)
      • Removed faction point atrophy for the time being (a new system will be put in place to replace this down the road)
      • Lowered the price of bloodmoss and black pearl to 4 gold each on faction vendors.
      • Moved the True Brit Faction from Lord British's castle to Lord Blackthornes.
        [​IMG]
        [​IMG]
    • Lockable Containers
      • Allowed the magic lock spell to be unlocked with the magic unlock spell, regardless of your magery skill and the containers required skill.
        Note: Previously you could magic lock a chest, and then not be able to magic unlock it.
    • Message Boards
      • Resolved a minor problem with various lines having the last character truncated.
    • Monsters
      • Fixed a minor spelling error on the Horrifying Plague Monster.
      • Adjusted the min/max damage for this creature as well.
      • Added some missing event loot code to this creature.
      • Minor adjustment to the plague spawn, damage, looks, damage immunity.
      • Removed some leftover speech dialog from the horrifying plague monster.
    • Public Moongates
      • Disabled the public moongates from revealing you when you pass through them.
    • Shipwrecked Items
      • Allowed the bone piles from shipwrecks to be cut into bones.
    • Tracking
      • Removed some debug code that was left in on accident .
    • Vendors
      • Removed some naming code from the vendor system related to sandals
      • This was causing vendor sandals to be named when the vendor expired or ran out of money.
    • World
      • Enabled overworld reagent spawns for all towns (guarded areas)
      • Enabled overworld reagent spawns for all dungeons
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Re: Patch 39

- Allowed Runebooks to be used while inside of a locked container (tested)
    LOL why?
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

In the situation of where you open a container, that contains a runebook, and via means of a key or magic lock, lock the container. You will now be able to use the runebook while the container is open to your client. Once the container with the runebook is closed you would have to unlock it, in order to access the runebook again.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Just seems like a miniature version of the Runebook in your Bank bug. If you can't access it because it is in a locked container, using it should not be an option.
    Granted, I may just be applying too much common sense to a game of sorcery, but it doesn't make any logical sense that you would be able to use anything inside a locked container, while it is locked.

Seeing the contents because you haven't closed the container window yet is one thing, but actual use/function of anything inside should require it being unlocked, in my opinion.

Not sure any real significant reason why that should not be the case...
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

This is a bonus to lockpicking? (so if I have 95.0 Lockpicking and 100.0 Detect Hidden, I effectively have 100.0 Lockpicking?)
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Correct for the purpose of attempting a lockpicking action. At the moment you still have 95 skill when attempting to pick a lock. This will allow you to attempt to pick a level 5 treasure map chest at 95 skill vs the normal 100 if you have detect hidden.

This could change going forward as I do more research on the bonus.
  7. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

Re: Patch 39: June 11th 2013 Detect Hidden, BugFixes, Reg Sp

So, does this mean that you figured out why I didn't get plat for working Barracoon, like, last week or whatever?
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This was fixed in patch 38 by adjusting the amount of HP that Barraccon has.
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Awesome, I like the faction stronghold change... makes me... no i dont want to be a dirty brit still.
  10. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

What about azure dragon... Sence patch 38 he is a pain in the... My pets only do 1-5 physical attacks. So basically they get messed up and only do Dmg by casting when they chose to... I must admit. He was a lil easy pre patch 38 but now its just a lil obnoxious... I'm gm vet and even when I consistently use aids to heal my ww's, I still NEED to cast greater heal to hardly keep them alive. :|
    You did mention changes to some bosses... Is this. One of them?
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes they were balanced a bit in patch 39. Still tougher than they were before, but manageable.
  12. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

One last question...!? Will azure or all bosses for this matter have a stationary spawning location? Seems like only way to solo any boss is to lure it to a desired location without small spawn intervening ... At least the bosses I've hunted.
    Would be nice in some ways to have stationary, but inconvieant at the same time if its in a crappy location... Only because you will half to go spawning location to check for bosses arrival periodically. Maybe if your hunting in a dungeon for an extended period of time to make the boss spawn, and it being stationary, a statement will appear like the bloodspatterd coin in backpack to inform you of bosses arrival if your the leading cause of spawn... Hmmm idk just some random thoughts...
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The way it is designed now is the bosses should never spawn organically, they require player activity in the area in order to appear. So they would take the place of one of the normal spawned monsters, So you still have to address local spawn, just less of it.
  14. Google-

Google- Member

does detect still work 100% of the time in your own house regardless of skill?>:
  15. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes. The only change to detect hidden was allowing it to properly work on trapped containers when use as an area of effect skill.

When using it in this manner it makes a skill gain check for each detected player/container as was the proper UOR mechanic.
  16. hagen

hagen New Member

• Minor or drastic? :D Or am I just killing less today…
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The rate that made it live for patch 38 was never intended was just there for staff testing. So we basically had a 4 day bonus platinum weekend . . on accident. The correct rate is around 1% with some minor scaling for difficulty.

So a group working the spawn from start to finish should earn as much platinum from the spawn as they do the champion itself.
  18. hagen

hagen New Member

… right, so i was jus treally lucky that i had been killing so much spawn over the last few days.
  19. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yep, with patches as large as that, completed in just 21 days, small things can be overlooked.
  20. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

If the champion has been killed and there is a bunch of small spawn left over, any chance you can still get platinum appearing in your bag if you finish off the remaining spawn..? Assuming the spawn was sped up to make champ spawn faster...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.