Patch 44: October 20th - Maintenance Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]

• Challenge Event
      • Resolved a problem where the death handler was reporting that a player was a member of the event, for the purpose of spawning a zombie.
      • Minor change to the event processing related to world broadcasts.
      • Resolved a problem in which players were not properly scored during the event.
      • Added additional logging to the end of game rewards.
      • Adjusted the event to end in the event that the players manage to kill the hidden secret boss.
      • Refined how the event controlled spawners related to secret areas.
      • Removed the range limitation for collecting holiday coins when a boss dies during the Halloween event.
      • Adjusted the points you can earn for defeating various bosses.
    • Bulk Order Deeds
      • Set all Runic Hammers to 25 charges.
    • Guild Chat
      • Found and resolved a problem that was causing incorrect guild coloring on journal messages.
      • This will now work properly when set using the Info command to select a color.
    • Forensic Evaluation
      • Resolved a problem with forensic evaluation improperly identifying a thief as perma flagged.
    • Map Definitions
      • Changed the map definition to allow players to push through other players without stamina loss when participating in events.
    • Monsters
      • Gave all of the new holiday monsters a small chance to drop a holiday coin when killed.
      • Limited to event loot on holiday monsters to drop only during the active event.
      • Minor adjustments to the difficulty of the various Halloween monsters.
      • Minor tweaks to the boss monsters AI related to the Halloween event.
    • Tracking
      • Resolved a problem when a player tracked for, and did not find, sea creatures that would give an incorrect failure message.
  2. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I don't know which patch, 43 or 44, as I was out of town last week and didn't start playing again till Sunday, but something was done to crafting. Here's the issue.

When I use the Make Last or pick a specific item from the tinkering menu, it takes MUCH longer for the menu to pop up telling me I have created the item, failed the item, or it's exceptional. What, specifically was done, and why, to make it so the menu pops up almost double what it used to? (1.75 second delay was plenty before, now I'm over 3 seconds, and it still sometimes doesn't pop the menu up)

Thanks!
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

From Patch 43:

This, fortunately, is still under review. The patch was put in given that each time an ítem is crafted a big strain is put on the server.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are still reviewing the crafting times. The time currently matches the sound effect timers for each skill. We are open to reviewing these going forward, but for now they match the audio cue's linked to each skill.
  5. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Doh! I thought i read all the patch notes before posting, but I slacked! Sorry!

But....Thanks Chris! that makes sense, at least it's explainable. :)
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Just put a slightly longer pause in your macro and its all good. I have been steadily training smith and carpenter with no issues (other than less material being left over when fails happen)
  7. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

I like it better like this. . . It didn't 'feel' right before.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Actually put a wait for gump at the end and no pause is necessary. Be sure to change the time out on the gump to 5s in case you break your tool, and you're golden.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I generally cut the timeout to 3s, but same deal as Pirul's suggestion. Right click the Wait for Gump step immediately after the tool use step and Edit Timeout.
    Is it just me or is it weird there's no 'action' sound for Tinkering? Just 5s of...........
  10. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I notice that with wait for gump it gets stuck sometimes and after the gump it restarts the macro instead of continuing down (lift item, drop relative location) or (double click item, target by type) etc.

Since i switched to timers its been a lot smoother for me. Maybe i am just bad at razor :D
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

+1. I have a macro for "Make Last" for each crafting type, and I just manually set the pause for each. Wait For Gump never works well for me, but I too may just be a Razor novice.
  12. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I learned early on that using the Wait For Gump caused my mining macro to hang when my tinker tools wore out. I didn't mess with the timeout though as I was not aware that could be done. So I switched to timers and it's working just fine.

I was just curious about the change because when I write a macro, I always think about making it as fast as possible. It's the programmer in me that comes out. With this added delay, I don't get as much ore per hour now!
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Found and fixed Blaise.
  14. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

The Blacksmithing wait time after making an item needs to be set in line with Tinkering and Tailoring. It pops the gump back up too quickly.
  15. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

This is in patch 35:
    Any updates?
  16. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I think Tela mentioned that a clean up is just around the corner. Probably after he comes back from his honey moon. Patience young one.