Patch B13: August 24th 2012 - Core Update, Live Date Prep

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

[​IMG]
    • Server Core
      • Added a message when a player tries to access an out of range/sight item.
      • Fixed an error that allowed items to be accessed through walls without line of sight.
      • Minor updates to a variety of lore based skills to add a chance to gain the related stat linked to the skill.
        Information about the chance to gain stats when using a skill can be found in the compendium under skills
    • my.uorenaissance.com
      • Minor update to the system that exports the online player list every 5 minutes to include guild ID's allowing for a more efficient and webserver friendly listing of guild members online.
      • Updated a variety of web pages to account for this new change.
      • Resolved a minor problem with the karma/fame information being flipped on the All Players and Online Players Lists.
      • Disabled the sorting features of those same lists until I have time to properly code them efficiently.
      • Minor update to the faction status exports to account for a faction not having a commander.
    • The Renaissance Compendium
      • Created a custom database based compendium as an alternative to a wiki for the shard.
      • Created an extensive menu system detailing the information to include.
      • Created the base pages for spells, skills, monsters, towns and dungeons.
      • As of this patch our compendium contains 384 articles and over 2000 images.
    • Followers / Summons
      • Energy Vortex and Blade Spirits will no longer leave corpses.
      • Energy Vortex and Blade Spirits will now consider the caster as a potential target.
      • Energy Vortex and Blade Spirits will now consider tamed animals and controlled summons as a potential target.
    • Tamed Animals
      • Removed the skill check for releasing a tamed animal.
        You will now be able to release a tame without any skill
      • The drop command should now work properly on all tamed creatures, should they have something to drop.
      • Tamed animals will no longer drop a "creature backpack" containing their backpack contents when they go wild or are released.
      • Disabled bonded pets from travelling with their owner when recalling.
    • Combat
      • An extensive review of the armor and weapon code was undertaken by rammar to resolve the issues with combat damage and bring things in line with the data available on the Renaissance era
      • Updated the bonus formula for weapon quality to match the proper levels for this era.
      • Updated the hit location ratios to match the proper levels for this era.
      • Fixed an incorrect system in the RunUO code, in which the damage application is handled, that was resulting in armor absorbing an unintentionally high amount of damage.
        Also known as the "1 damage bug "
    • Vendors
      • Fixed a problem with an incorrect graphic on an item in the tinkers sale list.
    • Skills
      • Fixed a problem that would cause stats to atrophy when you were not at the stat cap.
        Stats will only atrophy if you have maxed your stats and have a stat marked as down.
      • Fixed a problem with the fire field spell that was causing Resisting Spells skill gain to stop at 30, new limit is now 55.0.
    • Barding Skills
      • Musical skills (Provocation, Peacemaking, Discordance) will now scale difficulty based on a maximum skill value of 100, not 120.
      • Fixed some incorrect math that was causing exceptional and slayer instruments to apply an improper bonus to barding success rates.
      • Exceptional instruments now yield a 10% bonus to your success rate, slayer instruments when used against the proper monster type will yield a 20% bonus.
    • Mobiles
      • Disabled the doubled resources upon carving corpses.
      • Fixed a problem where creatures casting against other creatures would register as double damage.

Thanks to all the players who took the time to document, test and make us aware of these problems. If I had the time I would give everyone credit individually. After only 2 months of our public beta we have developed one of the best communities I have ever seen on a free shard.

- The Staff
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Re: Patch B13: August 24th 2012 - Core Update, Live Date Pre

I think staff can pat selves on back for being best staff on a free shard.

giant friend hugs to all of you, players and staff
  3. triXta

triXta New Member

Yo did you update the version allowence now? My laptop can no longer connect while at work which blows cause I'm on it the most. My mondains leg won't update and classic won't install right on here. So versions 5.0.8.3 or lower can no longer connect without disconnecting. fml
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Should be no differences to the requirements Trixa. Version 5.0.8.3 and above should work just fine.
  5. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

This is only going to 55.0 on the show value and not the Base value. I think it should be 55.0 on Base.
  6. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I thought base = real with resist
  7. triXta

triXta New Member

Ya I'm aware but last week I was able to connect fine.. I'm using Mondains legacy because UO Classic doesn't install right on my laptop. My version is below 5.0.8.3 therefore I'm fucked connecting until I fix my patch or can get classic to work. just sucks for me and others who still run a lower client version
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.