[PC] Halloween Sandals

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Faber, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I realize there are 3 hues possible, but what would be the current value for each of the 3 respectively? Thanks for any info.

(Original price 300 hcoin) Hue 244: at least their value in hcoin? (current estimate)

(Original price 400 hcoin) Hue 144: at least their value in hcoin? (current estimate)

(Original price 500 hcoin) Hue 44: 2mill-2.5mill? (current estimate)
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Who let this guy in here? :D
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_it ... emnum=170D

Well, now one bought the 144s and only one person bought the 244s.
    Being that they are so rare, despite the relatively low cHoin cost, I'd call those 244s half mil sandals in the least. They are shard unique now and will not be replicated.

There are 7 pairs of the 44s and I'd probably give them the same value because they were obviously the more desirable option.

I could be way off base but if I had any of them (and I don't), I wouldn't part for under half a mil to anyone that's not a good friend. :)
  5. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Blaise. I have updated the original post for the present time.
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I would think base price would be their value in holiday coins. What were they 500 coins (for 44)? At around 2-4k each? At least a mil, maybe 2 or more could have been made selling those coins at the time. I wouldn't sell a pair for less than 1.5m. The other hues might be "more rare", but the truth is they just aren't as bright, desirable.
  7. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Thank you for your input Matron. I tend to side with your reasoning on this point. Although, I would love it if a pair actually would sell for Blaise's price estimate.

Please keep the esimates coming. I'm beginning to think that the sandals are so rare that the owner could basically ask what they want. Nevertheless, I'd still like to see some more ideas here.
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Historically, these types of things tend to go up in value, since UO players are always interested in sandals, and occasionally players retire wearing them, essentially reducing the number available on the shard.

My .02, given that a holiday coin goes for almost 4k these days, I wouldn't take less than 2M for a pair that cost 500 coins. But I don't have a pair, so maybe my opinion is moot.

Like all negotiations IMO, it comes down to who honestly wants it more. The owner can charge whatever they want, IF you really want it. If you'd be 90% as happy with a pair of horned pre-patch sandals though, and they cost 100k, then someone's going to have a tough time selling you the Halloween version for much more than that.
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Super rare sandals are a 'sellers item' because the seller has all the power. Unless they are strapped for gold they can sit on them forever and with time more people accumulate more wealth and they become 'more valuable' because more people have more gold to spend.

I almost sold my 1st year anniversary sandals but was holding out for 3.5 mil when the offer was 3.25 or something like that. Now I wouldn't sell them for anything because I don't need gold and they are super 1334 :p
  10. Faber

Faber Well-Known Member

Thank you for the great replies guys. I've updated the original post, and I may let this thing die down. I think we are starting to come to a consensus: because of their rarity, the seller can almost ask whatever they choose; an item like this doesn't truly have a set value independent of the seller's desire.

Looking at that definition, I'm almost inclined to think any item could be described that way, but the item must have the needed desirability to meet the above criteria. MMmmm...the complexities of trammel.
  11. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the hue 44s and I certainly wouldn't let them go for anything less than 2 mil.