Peace tamer?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Cretoma, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

i am away from the house and do not have full access to the search functions on the site. So I’ll as in a new thread.

I have been thinking about what kind of tamer template I want to make. How useful is a peace tamer? I am thinking it may be a fun build.

Here are the skills I’m mulling over:
    Taming
    Lore
    Vet
    Music
    Peace
    Magic
    Meditation

What are your thoughts?
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would go Provo or Discord(enticement) instead of peace. Peace doesn't last very long on high end mobs.

Provo is great for champ spawns or areas with lots of targets.

Disco is great for single mobs like dragons, ancient wyrms, or bosses. It lowers their skills/stats by 20%
    One, Cretoma and Pirul like this.
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Oh boy...here we go again...

I swear if I had a nickle for every time...

Ok, so, the ONLY reason to have peace is so that mobs don't attack you, right? But if you're a tamer and mobs are attacking YOU, then you're doing it wrong. Mobs should be attacking your pets, and your pets should be doing the damage. Your job is to keep your pets alive. Vet is enough to keep your pets alive in ALMOST any scenario when doing PvM. The only scenario where they are at risk is when fighting bosses, and in those cases you're going to have a VERY hard time keeping them peaced, if at all. Actually, it is better to go grab another mob and provo it unto the boss. That way it will not be attacking your pets, and you can heal away any damage they have.
    Cretoma and Ahirman like this.
  4. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

Thank you for the responses. I've never had a tamer, and I was wondering. Had no idea it was a well-rehearsed issue. My apologies.
    One likes this.
  5. an evil carebear

an evil carebear Active Member

could drop med and pick up provo. You wont be casting much because your pets do the work. could keep peace then, but I would drop for disco