Peacemaker Questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cero, May 29, 2013.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

A little help with this, the idea of it sounds great but I am quiet unsure of how the skill works, mainly because I have never used peacemaking. I know the skill takes everyone within range out of combat, but does it also take yourself out of combat? or are you the only person able to stay attacking...thus the reason you get a few seconds of free beating on mobs till they reengage...or do you yourself have to reengage and the mobs still have a few seconds to "wake" themselves up to fight again?? Also if the first is true is this only a solo build since having hunting buddies would cause the mobs to "wake-up" when they reengage? Thanks in advance!
  2. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

I have not used Peace yet on this server, but on other UO:R - era servers the real power of Peacemaking is the target peace, which when successful will allow you to render a creature harmless for a longer period of time than the "area peace" you describe. It is a skill often used in combination with other bardic skills, taming, and even by dexxers.

*Area peace will tab all combatants out of combat w/in its area of effect: even players. It's annoying as a dexxer, and easy overcome by "attack" hotkeys (last target, nearest, etc).

On the topic of Peacing: Does damaging a creature have a chance to break Peace here on UO:Ren? From observing things in-game, I am inclined to say it does not, but having no experience using it here I am uncertain.

*edit
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you target yourself with Peacemaking, it does the area effect peace that takes everyone out of combat.
    If you target an enemy with Peacemaking, it will only take that specific target out of combat.

I can't confirm if one lasts longer than the other, though. I use it while fishing, and there's generally only ever one monster to fight at a time, so I always just use the single target peace.

But yea, it generally allows me to keep a monster in full lockdown while I wail away on it. Occasionally it'll break out and get some swings back in on me, but for the most part it just sits there. It seems to break much more frequently when the target is low on HP. Is that just me, or is that how it works?
  4. qbradq

qbradq Member

Here's the skinny:

Targeted peacemaking forces a creature to stop all actions for a period of time, including movement. This time period gets longer the higher your peacemaking skill is versus the creature's effective barding difficulty. Barding difficulty is listed in the Bestiary section of the Compendium, and is lowered by using GM-made instruments, and even further by using a slayer instrument of the appropriate type.

Any damage the creature takes while peaced has a chance to break the effect. It seems that this chance increases as the creatures HP lowers.

Peacemaking is a wonderful addition to any melee build as it drastically reduces the damage output of a mob, can be used to interrupt or abort GHeal spam by casters, and effectively root a fleeing mob. Targeted peacemaking is also an excellent crowd control ability, allowing you to take on a mutli-spawn location one mob at a time.
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, seems a bit more clear now after messing around with the skill and the input here
  6. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

Thanks!