Peacemaking Uses?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Garavar, May 27, 2020.

1. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Was having a discussion with the awesome people at TnT about bard tamer and was informed that "Peacemaking" is not as useful or necessary as it is on OSI servers...

They mentioned peacemaking is good for Dexter but I've never seen a template with Peace and Dex. What does it look like?

It also got me wondering, what build is peacemaking good with on this server?
  2. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Hollywood likes this.
  3. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member

Mace, Tactics, Anat, Healing, Music, Peace, Magery could be an ok build. You could also swap Magery and mace for swords and lumberjack for some more damage. Or Magery with Provo for less travel, better hunting when you eventually get there. It has its uses but imo it’s the least useful of the bardic arts. Mainly because there aren’t as many places where just one mob is the target.
    Hollywood likes this.
  4. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I use a peace dexer with the gargoyle shovels, my template is;

Fencing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Music
    Peacemaking
    Magery

It's a fun toon and a great first toon to get some money together, I think Provo instead of peace would be more useful for most people
    Hollywood and One like this.
  5. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-peacemaking-dexxer-and-you-a-guide.2897/

Peace dexxer was my first char here and I still use one.

Magery
    Meditation
    Music
    Peacemaking
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Swordsmanship

I prefer this template so i can easily recall spawn to spawn. 100 magery is great so you can get the full circles of magic reflect (minus inscription bonus) and its plenty to help with cures and heals. Meditation helps keep you mobile. There's just so much utility with magery, I like feeling more self sufficient rather than having to rely on another char to gate me around.
    One likes this.
  6. Garavar

Garavar Well-Known Member

If you Target yourself doesn't it peace all mobs on screen?
  7. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

That's correct, however it's a shorter time than for single mobs
  8. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member

Isn’t it for so much less time that it’s very rarely practical to use? From the limited experience I have with peace, I remember having to use it in quite quick succession targeting one mob repeatedly while you hit it.
  9. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

Single target peacemaking lasts quite well, I can normally kill a golem with 1-2 times being peaced.
    The area peace can be useful if you are getting overwhelmed and you can cast invisibility or recall and survive
    Dream Weaver likes this.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I personally use it one two toons:

Battle Miner
    GM Mining
    GM Macing
    GM Tactics
    GM Anatomy
    GM Music
    GM Peacemaking
    70 Healing
    30 Magery (Recalling a bit but mainly gets gates anyway so it's pretty flexible.)

I use her mainly as a gargoyle shoveler but also pickaxer. Warhammer to get less breaks on the Peace, heals to bandaid up the first hit when they pop out. Works well, not as fast as a tamer but easy to manage and smelts her own ore.

Peace Fisher
    GM Fishing
    GM Macing
    GM Tactics
    GM Anatomy
    GM Music
    GM Peace
    50 Magery
    50 Resist

I know a lot of folks use three mage fishers but I don't like stocking reagents so I made this guy. Fishes and checks for any greys on the screen then peaces them helps with keeping my fishers alive if I am just glancing for the AFK gump and not watching them closely. Beat the serpents down with minimal to no healing needed. Useful for nets as well to peace things like Krakens that like to run off.

I have always wanted to try a Peace LJ Dexxer but don't have the room for the template but there are videos of it posted here putting in farming work.
    Blendax likes this.
  11. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

Peacemaking is so useful ... and great if you want to solo farm.

I like @Hollywood 's build. I honestly didn't think about putting Med on my Peacer, instead I have healing.

I have:
    Macing (great, since you get slow, but big swings) .. the more often you hit, the more likely you are to bring a monster out of peace
    Tactics (90) (my weapon gives +15)
    Anatomy
    Healing (90)
    Magery
    Meditation (20)
    peace
    music

Stats: Str 90 Dex 90 Int: 45
  12. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

What do you farm with yours?
  13. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

I used to farm lich Lord's like crazy, but now that they're not in Fire Dungeon, I do mages, efreets, Titans, ratmen (rat valley). Mummies
    One and Nusir like this.
  14. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Peacemaking
    Provocation
    Magery
    Medit
    Eval
    Music
    Resist
    Very nice build peace help me with mobs running away when low life. And peace self is very powerful when you understand The timming... you can increase the chance of mobs agro at your persecutor not you. So he is a “fight back bard” very fun to survive trough high end mobs and pks on crowded dungeons. Good for solo and in group hunts.
    Pulse, Chafe and One like this.
  15. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

I'm making a peace dexxer againaagain the moment (my first char was a peace dexxer but then turned provo lumberjack over time).

All my dexxers are luddites with 20 magery, but finally decided to buck the trend and gm magery rather than disco. I had assumed I'd gm healing - but thought I'd give meditation a whirl as I'm adventuring around and training having seen @Hollywood 's post above (and still having it from macroing magery).

I've still got about 20ish points left before I have to drop my 60 odd healing, but at this rate I'm going to stick with the meditation. I've been adventuring around, survived a couple of dumps from mages/air eles, and it gives great all round functionality. Just have to get used to not having a bandage ticking and having to stop hitting for a sec to heal.

What stats do you have @Hollywood , 90, 50, 85?
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  16. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

100, 100, 25. Don't really have a reason to use 7th and 8th level skills and I want the maximum amount of damage output I can get from my weapon. I carry Gheal and Gcure potions on me too just in case.

Wear just barbed armor so you can med, monsters are peaced so you wont be getting hit enough to warrant anything else.

Screenshot_20200529-045023_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Chafe and One like this.
  17. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

I think I'll start with 90 45 90 so can res with a wizards hat. Guess its a hangup from not being used to having gm magery so easily/on so many chars - want to keep the options open!
    One and Hollywood like this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Chafe and Hollywood like this.
  19. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

I've had a bit of a play around today with the chap and am getting used to the mage/medi combo. Will be keeping 45 int for now, review again at complete template - even with it I've run out of mana once (dread spiders, poison + dump), but then again my peacing is only at 80 so fail a fair amount.

@Blendax good call with the mages, perfect for this character as v squishy. Missing lumberjack bonus on bigger game at the moment (multiple 0 damage hits against stone gargoyles for instance!).

Can definitely recommend!
    One likes this.