Peculiar Meat

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Marti, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Marti

Marti Member

I'm going to start farming for some.

What is a good place, or an EASY place to obtain some? I know there's the Ogre Mage that spawns with the Ogre Lords, but he literally whipped my ass all over the place last time I ran into him. Granted, I was just using my Provo Dexxer.

I don't know of any other locations, and through searching the forums, all I can find is other threads of people selling it.

Thanks again!
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Harpies in the entrance of Covetous dungeon.

Gamayun
    [​IMG]
    Marti likes this.
  3. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

I don't do a ton of pvm...
    but the whole boss-hunting, which yields the peculiar meat, is one thing I do enjoy doing.

THIS ARTICLE HERE might not be the most current but it is a wealth of info and where I got started.
    THIS PAGE HERE is also helpful for UOR loot info. not 100% accurate [especially with gold drops] but helpful. check the BOSS and MINI BOSS categories

a few things to take away from pec meat hunting...
    * don't expect one from each kill
    * realize that pec meat is 20-25k each, which makes it desirable, hence PK's
    * not all bosses are carveable [ie; Grand Visor], so some won't allow you to have a chance at meat!
    * some like Anaconda, will plague you with lethal poison making it a bigger hassle than you expected even though they look easy on paper.

a lot of people go after the Forest and Mountain Troll, along with Gamayun spawns because they are easy.
    this could be a good place to start if you want to ease in.

GOODLUCK
    Hollywood and Marti like this.
  4. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Ogre Mage is easier if you have a Repond/Ogre Instrument and Discord it doesn't take down your tanks (other arctic ogres) too quickly. I usually use blade spirits/ energy vortex to speed the process up. From my experience, any blue players that come by won't just let you be if there's a boss. The sight of them turn honest men, greedy. So if you see someone come be prepared to either A. Fight B. Run C. Recall to safe place.

As far as Gamayun, I have only done that one twice. Pretty much just spammed BS and EVS in covetous lvl 2 since there are more harpies in there and they spawn fairly quick which increases the rate at in which a boss will spawn.
  5. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I have run the 3 troll spawns for pec meat before. Loads of bosses/mini-bosses in the game to try.

No need to watch this whole video, you can skip through and get the idea.
    Marti and Hollywood like this.
  6. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

IMO farm the gold and buy the peculiar meat. Certain events in the past produced a lot of peculiar meat. Farming is better with chance of a statue drop but more time consuming. Also number one spot for me is Elder Gazers. Troll spawns but only if you work all three, they spawn bosses so slowly. Troll bosses are a dexers best bet with Troll slaughter weapons. Harpy boss is great too.