Perma Grey - Thief in learning

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Kludo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Kludo

Kludo New Member

So I read the below article in the guides section. Im just trying to clear up a few things:

1. I read this to understand I am still blue to everyone else in the game but grey only to those I have stolen from?

2. Once I am perma grey if I am attacked or stolen from in town I no longer get guard protection?

Perma Grey Flag:

How you get one
    • Stealing from an innocent player.
    What are the symptoms?
    • You appear grey only to the innocents you have stolen from.
    • You appear blue to everyone else.
    • Anyone can freely attack or steal from you with impunity.
    • Anyone attacking you does receive an aggressor flag to you.
    Things you should know
    • Simply being in the Thieves Guild does not give you a Perma-grey flag. But since most thieves join the Thieves Guild with the intention of stealing from innocents, they become Perma-grey pretty soon.

If someone attacks you, you will highlight grey to them (after you get hit, or move 1 square) letting them know you're a perma-grey. Anyone can steal from you. Even if they are not a member of the thieves guild. This can be useful for training purposes, but it can also be annoying at the bank.

If you are a member of the NPC Thieve's Guild, any player who successfully uses the Forensic Evaluation skill to reveal your membership in said guild may either attack or steal from you. If a player attacks you and that player dies and reports you for murder, you will be suspended from the thieves guild for the amount of time it takes for the long term murder count (40 hours) to decay. While suspended you still cannot give murder counts, but cannot use the disguise kit or steal from innocents.
  2. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Perma grey is a term.

You will still appear blue to the keen eye(even to those whom you stole from). But there are ways to check if thieves/people are perma grey.

Ex. Random stealing. You can only steal from blues if you are in the thieves guild. So if you try to random steal from someone and you are not in the thieves guild it will only let you from grey, reds and "perma greys".

You can also reset your perma grey upon death. At least you used to be able to on live.
    Lets say you steal from someone and they notice and try to kill you and you get away. Now they may think you are perma grey and reattack.
    But if you go and kill yourself without their knowledge, your perma grey is reset and they will now turn criminal or be guard whacked if in town.

I used to use this little trick often on live to get people guard whacked if I knew they'd be aggressive toward me.

Someone please correct me if that's not how it works here.
    Kiryana likes this.