pets & their friends

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Labeler, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

hi,
    it seems that when tamer A friends his pets to tamer B, you get a message: your animals will now obey your friend... or some sort..

but all they do is follow..... what about all other commands, guard, stop, stay, attack?

wouldn't it be better if they took all commands like guard, attack, ect ect.... basically every command but the FRIENDSHIP would break as soon as the owner calls his pets back with all follow me, or any other command he gives...

it would work like a handover... A friends to B: once A makes any command, the friendship is broken and all pets are back to normal.

just an idea to make the friendship more efficient.

thanks for your thoughts.
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Then how do you handle noteriety. If I friend you to my mare and you use it to PK @Jupiter do I also get a murder count? Do I turn grey?

And the most glaringly obvious reason that "friends" can only give movement commands: there would be nothing stopping a player from having his 2 alt accounts "friend" him 8 mares making 12 in total. Basically a method to get around the control slot limitation on tamers, but let's be honest here, this is likely what you were thinking about doing when this post was made.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Damn... there goes my plans of wielding a 24 strong army of rabid, punchy gorillas!
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Their death cry for some reason cracks me up every time.

I'd pay to see 24 gorillas take on a balron.
    It'd be a magnificent 24 gorilla salute!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That's a big reason why i chose gorillas for gorilla fighting. Their death cry of "EEEAAAUGGGHHGHGHGHGHGH" cracks me up too!
    wylwrk likes this.