Ping

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Althorn, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Ways to improve? I live in Connecticut USA. My boy on here lives 1 state north of me and has like 30ping. Mine hovers at 150-170ish. I’ve noticed a lot of ppl on here have better ping than me aside from ppl in other countries.

Is this caused on my end, maybe due to my internet provider or my equipment? Never was a major issue, still isn’t in fights & I know ppl that are amazing pvpers with higher ping @Invoker so I know it isn’t a huge difference

That being said many people have told me it’s noticeable to them. That I seem very choppy and slow in comparison to others. I’ve also noticed it’s impossible for me to catch ppl generally. & I am constantly forced to fight due to it being impossible to run from practically anyone. Which I’d prefer cuz Running is for bitches but having the option to run would be nice lmao

Also when using more than one client, my other clients will freeze up a lot, for sometimes over 60 seconds force me to close them. Which seems to always be at worst times and honestly makes me hesitant to utilize multiple clients due to the headache. Anyone have any input in reguards to anything let me know plz.
  2. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

There was a thread about clients freezing when running multiple clients a few months ago, and it was solved.
    I do not remember what the title of the thread was. I'm pretty sure you should uncheck use smart CPU reduction though.
    That should help with the client crashing, but as far as ping goes, maybe you have a virus or subpar ISP.
    Or maybe it's something else, I have 300 Mbps speeds and I still ping 81 to the server, and ping 16 to other places.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Althorn likes this.
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Uncheck Smart CPU usage, as said above. That could help with the freezes.

The ping... well, most people outside the American continent have 250ms and more when just standing around... it's really REALLY bad on UOR, especially when you compare UOR with other US based Shards. :( It literally holds me back from pvp'ing.
    Althorn likes this.
  4. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

client freezing and tabbing issues are often compatability setting problems.
    For win7 you gotta toggle it to WinXP sp3, turn off desktop composition and visual themes
    Kiryana and Althorn like this.
  5. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Make sure smart usage off on every instance of razor. It is profile based so always check that for old and new profiles, sometimes it's on by default when you make a new profile but not when you use default profile.

For win Vista - w10 you must add a compatibility for Windows xp sp3. It solves so many things from flashing screens, uops and uoam not working, freezing, .exe stop responding, list goes on and on.

Razor enjoys having administration rights on Vista - w10. If this is an issue you can update razor to 1.0.14.9 or later and use a command to remove the request for administration rights, I believe only that version and later have that option, not sure I just give it administration rights in windows.

For unusual ping or unexplained lag you should take a look at your active programs. Especially mouse and keyboard software, and especially real time antiviral/security software. Allow an exception for razor, uo client, and see if that helps.

In the first post here you will find how to setup most of these things: http://uorforum.com/threads/troubleshooting-razor-client-problems.3960/
    Althorn and compsays like this.