Pitch Black

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Jupiter, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The Champion of Despise in the pitch black!

[​IMG]
  2. Ganklord

Ganklord New Member

Everyone Should Play Like This. It's Awesome.
  3. Jupiter

I must admit I cast night sight a lot, but when it wears off I catch these awesome scenes. Having dark nights on has killed me more times than I care to admit but it's fun!
    Ragnarok likes this.
  4. mafghine

mafghine Active Member

I play that way 90% of the time, but coming to this server, Im in that gold rush state........again, so Im not out there rping my char. There needs to be a lantern that attaches to your belt, [uses kilt, body sash etc slot] So a pure parry warrior can play like this. And night sight pots are just a gold sink for light filter.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Also, the night sight potions on this shard are tainted. There are certain areas where the night sight pot has no effect!!!!

I collect a lot of torches from NPC camps when I train compassion. If I'm going to stay somewhere I'll usually plant 4-5 torches in a wide area and lure danger to me!
    Vlar likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Oh and welcome to the shard! mafghine!

Check out the stories of Paws, TKB, and Stormhold, and OWN if you wish to find a place for your RP character. OWN is an all natural guild that is based on the premise of only gaining a character in the field without macroing. (Only your character in OWN has to do this, your alts are not subject to this).

If you follow an evil path, you might want to check out the orcs, or work to organize the pockets of evil to form a separate evil RP guild.

Cheers,

- Jupiter Greystone
  7. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I still wish there was a way to force Dark Nights on players, but its a client-side hack that's really easy for the....let us call them...."non-purists".
    Jupiter likes this.
  8. Jupiter

Let's call them witches and burn them at the stake!!!!!!

Then let's go to the steak house and feast and make merry while the sinners burn!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAH *ahem*

So much is lost without dark nights. PvP would change. I laugh at the though of the L337 PvP'ers losing night sight right as they are fleeving for their lives. It makes it so much more interesting and another factor that could enrich and make gameplay challenging. I'm sorry, I just don't see what's challenging about the "Sync Dump and Fleeve" strategy (where you run in, sync, if it fails, run away completely off screen and try again).

I get the strategy, I understand it, and if I were in a true life or death situation, I would practice it. However, as a person devoted to self improvement I just don't see how planning this as your only strategy is fun.

/end tangent

Thanks for An Corping this thread everyone! :)