plat rewards (new items)

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Labeler, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

does the plat shop get any new items added?

im only asking cause :

99% of the stuff there is either Docration or fashion related.

the only usable thing in there is the runebook and the ethy (which for many isnt that favorable at all)

are there any new things being steamed up for the plat shop?

thanks.
    One, Rextacy and Sheepdog like this.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

What do you want?

Not that I can make it happen but I'm interested to know what people covet!
  3. Labeler

i dunno, there are a ton of things... and another million of things impossible too :D
  4. Sheepdog

It would be nice to see some existing rewards added too, like an additional plat reward add on for the runebook dye tub that includes the option to dye spell books.

Sandal dye tub would be hot as fuck too.

I think the addition of CUB rewards will quench most people's thirsts for a while to be fair.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Sheepdog likes this.
  6. Sheepdog

The blessed single rune is such a good idea - nice half way point between nothing and the blessed runebook.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Black Tortoise and Sheepdog like this.
  8. Sheepdog

I do find that genuinely interesting, in theory it should be worth less money as there is more players, generating more platinum.

Traditionally the more of something there is the less value it should hold.

And plat seems to be the only thing that the rule doesn't apply too, if you think of some of the servers 1/1 the prices are in the multi millions. Because there's one of them...if someone has the servers only neon pink tram polar bear for example they can set the price. But if another 10 pop up that price will decrease.

Platinum.....increases.

Wild.
    Black Tortoise, Rextacy and One like this.
  9. Labeler

- blessed rune (25 plat) (definitely a good thing, i thought about this too when i started..., if i had a blessed rune instead of a book)
    - blessed container(100 plat) (bag or pouch itself, and not the content) many fun things can happen with this like perma pouches for traps, perma bags for organize & restock agents
    - magical jewelry(150 plat) (anyone has access to plat) so why not make some magical jewelry (+3 str on ring, 3 int on bracelet, 3 dex on earings, neclace of meditation (its not a world changer but imagine dumping spells on a champ with +50 medi)
    - magical clothing 150 plat (robe of invisibility) we all have hiding and invis spells, but how cool would it be to invis yourself with a double click of your cloack (i watched too much LOTR)
    - maybe secure CY (from the copper rewards)

too much fantasy ?
    Black Tortoise and Airin like this.
  10. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

That rune idea is awesome
    One likes this.
  11. Sheepdog

I think the blessed runes should be 50 plat.

if you can make a max of 30 plat a month just doing nothing that would mean that after 30 days every new player would have a blessed rune and 50k spare.

While I understand that it would be a major positive to new players, I also reckon that's too much too soon and would void a lot of hard work and fun playing the game. At least with 50 they'd have to run around and make up that additional 20 to get the reward or play two months before we effectively give everyone a get out of jail free card.

I don't plan on keeping any plat yet. I sell it when I get it because the first reward that's genuinely of any use is the blessed rune book and that's 250 plat which is 9 months of bank sitting, less if you get out there and play the game but still about 4/5 months from joining to maybe harvest all that plat - where as if you max out your monthly allowance, collect 30 plat and sell it for 300k that's 6 mages trained, if any one of those is a tamer you're going to make the 2.5 million you need for a blessed runebook in a month of incredibly casual play. A week if you go hard.

Anyway, yes - agreed would be cool to have some lower costing useful items available from the reward vendor! Hah
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  12. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

I want a deed that makes masks have like +2 AR, so I can mix in vanity rather than wearing the leather cap which gives +5.
    I just feel quite foolish wearing a mask, taking a whack to the head and getting the max damage.
    Pill, Sheepdog and One like this.
  13. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

If plat runes become a thing.

We need a refund option for Runebooks.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Sheepdog

I think that's totally fair.

Or an option to trade in your runebook for x amount of blessed runes.
  16. Radish

Radish Member

While we're on the topic of wishing for things, I wouldn't mind that invis cloak. Even the regular magic jewelry (reflect, invis, teleport) with a finite number of charges would be cool. I'd pay 5 plat for 10 charges on a non-blessed ring.

Edit: Or make the blessed ring 100 plat and then extra plat for the actual charges.

Nah, screw that blessed nonsense.
  17. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My wish list:

Being able to have different colored front steps. But only certain colors for different homes. For example, if you've played a server with custom housing the red steps can look for nice. But would look good on a brick house but not so great on a small marble. But no crazy colors. Simple and within uor's color scheme.

Being able to color decks on boats. Or the hatch, or the mast. Or even fishing poles. Or even give them a tackle box... jk on that last one. On the subject of that, i think it would be cool if once you've fished up 1000 or however many sea serpents, you earn a parrot on your shoulder as long as that char is standing on a boat. I do realize that one is pretty far fetched tho.

The blessed rune i could only really get on board with as long as you were limited to one per char and it was non-transferable.

Thats all i got as of right now.
    Black Tortoise, Rextacy and One like this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

Rextacy likes this.
  19. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

This is long needed.
    Radish and Rextacy like this.
  20. Sheepdog

Yes Duke! That's how you navigate the potential redundancy of runebooks.

I like the parrot idea but know the feasibility of it is ridonkulous. Would you settle for a statue that sits on the boats hatch? A polly statue?

And @One the idea of tents is fucking awesome!!
    One likes this.