Player Input Required

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Jack of Shadows, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So I have this pretty killer shop now, and rather than compete with my neighbors on items that they do a very good job at keeping in stock, I thought I would ask what everyone is having trouble finding when they look around to purchase items. So far the ideas that have been been thrown around are :

Bones
    Arrows/Bolts

I most likely will have a misc item vendor and a magic wep/armor vendor to sell items I find. But what are your ideas?
  2. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

Turnips
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

We totally could use another scribe vendor.

...Kidding aside, going after niche markets like bones and arrows would probably help the shard, but I know both of those are a huge PITA to farm/create. If I tried to sell those on my vendor, I foresee myself stocking them once, and then saying to hell with it - that's way too much work.

I'd focus on selling whatever you think you can regularly keep stocked. If that's bones/arrows, more power to ya. You are a stronger man than I. But a consistently stocked shop is better than a shop that sits empty 6.5 days out of the week.

If you do want another niche item, go GM tinkered lockboxes. I think I'm the only person selling them in Yew at the moment, and I want out, lol.
  4. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

well, bones wouldn't be such a problem since I'm going to try to get the rev spawn items. are you selling alot of gm lockboxes? Doesn't seem like an item that would be high in demand. (but I could do it) I toyed around with the idea of making the tinkers in various stages to do lockpicking training sets
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Maybe sell about one or two per day? Definitely not in it for the money, it's more just for convenience of players setting up their lockpicker. I'm getting out of it because (a) I'm lazy and (b) selling them means you gotta explain in irc how GM carpentry doesn't leave a maker's mark and it's not the carpentry skill the lockpicker is interested in anyways, etc., etc. ... which ultimately ties back to point (a). But given you were thinking about bones and arrows, I figured that's the angle you were going for, hehe. (or is there a huge bones/arrows market I don't know about?)

Another niche item that could be sold is leather of various types. Would be nice for your spot too, as players can buy it and immediately bank it, whereas other player vendors are pretty much forced to use commodity deeds if they want to sell it. But again, kind of a pain in the arse to farm it.
  6. Hedley Lamarr

Hedley Lamarr Member

Level 1-3 tmaps
    Poison Kegs
    colored lanterns

random stuff i was looking for this past week
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

You don't have to do it all yourself either Jack. You could for instance let someone run a vendor out of your house for say a 10% cut of their sales?
  8. Knive

Knive New Member

BONES!
  9. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

Turnips!