Player Run 2v2 Tournament

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lnomer, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

Anarchy Guild is planning to hold a 2v2 tournament on this weekend.
    The tournament is scheduled to start at 20.00 pm GMT - 16.00 EST- Saturday. So that EU players will be able to join the tournament without any problem unlike FFN (horrible time for EU guys)

If the tournament draws enough attention. Its very possible that we schedule it every week.

Any fighting style is welcomed, its gonna be a duel pit like area so you players wont be able to screen away from dumps(get your heals ready)
    - No wands.
    - No prebuffs
    - All potions
    - No runics
    - No MReflect
    - RA and protection allowed
    - Double elemination system (winners and losers bracket)
    - No pets allowed (Thelax! - Deathboy!)

Prize pool:

6 Plat + 100K 1st place
    4 Plat + 75K 2snd place
    2 Plat + 50K 3rd place

To be able to join the tournament you have to write your in game name and your buddys name and post it in this forum.

Announcement for the battle field will be made very soon.

(Shit talking in the event - harrasing other players etc won't be tolarated. Lets keep is classy guys)
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

The 666 Foundation will donate 100,000 gold pieces.

I believe the word you are looking for is priZe, not price.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    bart simpson likes this.
  3. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

@Bogugh thank you for the spell check
  4. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

I like the idea a lot! Shows good faith to the server! But the fact that there is no magic reflect, and no runics leads me to believe that you aren't a fan of pure dexxers being in this. Not a good look IMO. Just pointing it out.
  5. Broli

Broli Active Member

id have joined if it wasnt so hater on warriors big frowns sirs big frowns
  6. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

Very standard rules for a 2 v 2 duel. Dexxers have a huge advantage actually from the duel area being a closed box and people being on foot. This is essentially standard 7x with pots.
  7. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

@Broli @Loxness We are applying the basic standart 7x rules in the event.

Guess warriors would love to have in a small duel area no ra etc + runics... But we are trying to make it just for all types of contenders.

I hope you guys reconsider the situation...
  8. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Most people allow gold runics in these types of events because they are the same as Vanq
  9. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I will also donate 100k to the prize pool. Can you point me to a North American guild member I can meet up with tonight or tomorrow night? I live in Eastern time zone and get home late from work. Europeans are usually in bed by that time. Alternatively, I can look for you online in the morning my time.

Good luck with your event.
  10. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

@Halabinder @Bogugh Thanks for the donations. @Balgami (harambe in irc) lives in EST zone. So you guys can meet with him for delivering the donation since I live in EU. Thank you both again for donating the event...
    Bogugh and Halabinder like this.
  11. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Certainly understandable Lnomer. But think of it this way. A pure dexxer, with no magery... The fight starts, both mages do either Prot or RA... That pure dexxer is essentially useless for 2-3 swings. 2 mages can sync and kill him with relative ease.

Now, what if those mages have inscribe? Even worse.

What if that pure dexxer is MB bait? Even worse yet.

It just seems highly specialized for specific templates is all it seems.

Outlier: Yes, I am aware, you can weaken a mage as a partner, interrupt spells, etc.... But you get the point. At equal skill level, a pure dexxer (or 2) has absolutely no place in this 2v2 setup.
  12. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Lnomer you should allow up to gold runics in your tournament. It is only as powerful as a Vanq
  13. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Do you want to be allowed to use valorites in this tourney? Gold runics should be good anything above that is pointless
  14. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Its just a combination of things, is all. Why no MR? You allow RA/Prot.

At least the dexxer with scribe/magery could attempt to contend with the onslaught of spells that way. Same works for the mages. You guys want to play against dexxers with no RA/MR?

Not sure how you can include one type of spell, but not the other.

And if you have runics, you should be allowed to use them IMO. Dexxers are harshly underpowered ATM in PVP and I don't believe anyone can argue that with a straight face.

But it is your tournament and run it as you wish by all means!!
  15. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Loxness i agree magic reflect should be allowed if you can cast it.

As for your runics only up to gold should be allowed
  16. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

@Loxness I do understand your opinion and respect it but its very easy to make another scenario with 1 hit RA destroys and 2 axers hitting a pure mage.. Thats insta kill...

As I told you man rules are standart 7x for now. If we happen to get more feedback from you guys and more interest on these kinds of events, we will try our best to please you and make the server more fun...

For the first event thoe we dont have any changings in the rules. There are very talented axers like @Woody III @ThanatoS (Adam Henry) who can easly kill Mages on even open fields and survive multiple dumps easly...

@scuba gold runics are logical since they are equal of vanqs..

We might add them in the following tournaments.
    We might also allow MR in the next tournament with MD wands.

But for this tournament rules are set and its standart 7x.

If axers who want to join the tournament doesn't have vanq weapons. We as Anarchy Guild can provide them and suit them up with vanqs for the tournament.
  17. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

18. Destruction

Destruction Active Member

Im down, just need to find a partner
  19. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

I am going to do a wall of text here giving my opinions on the subject. I am biased so If you combine my though with yours I think a common ground can be found.

I don't think dexxers are under powered. It just has a lower skill ceiling because the offense consist of just swinging and throwing purples. (I don't play one so I might be over simplifying sorry if I offend any dexxers)

In reality Its almost impossible to defend against a lumberjack in an arena. Essentially you need to drop them in your first dump or you are toast. If you are scribe that is gg right there because you will never med up as every swing is 11 mana on your end. You will either go through 20 stamina potions in stuns to defend and med up for 3 seconds or you die. If you do the same thing with magic reflect now you dont even get that first dump because as soon as you are loading your first explo they will magic reflect. Your RA is gone in one hit and you can't even strip them because wands are not allowed. You waste another 22 mana in mana drains. On top of that you get hit by deadly poison without your opponent even having poisoning on their template. If you are a lumberjack when you hit you do as much damage as a flamestrike. You can deal concussion blow to erase 30 mana. If you have fencing you can Para-blow which doesn't have a cooldown in between paras like stun does.

Now on the defensive end. If you are Mind Blast bait it is because you got greedy with your dex to increase dps so I think that is a pointless argument. If you don't have any magery and you can't cast gheal, you wouldn't be able to 2 v 2 anyways. So in that regard I don't think pure dexxers belong in 2 v 2s. How are you gonna time your bands to heal a sync? If you have magery then all you need to do is precast heal and keep hitting and interrupting the other guys. If the sync comes you should be able to heal it as it is one of the fundamental skills of 2 v 2. You have faster bandages with higher dex. Your entire mana pool is saved for defense.

So to sum up, I think weapon skills and especially tank mages are overpowered in the arena compared to the field. You are lucky if you hit me a couple of times in the field with that valorite while I am running around to med to full.

Obvious question: if weapon skills are this good why do we play heal or scribe stun mages? Well mostly because we field 99% of the time and these two templates are the best templates for fielding. Second, magery offense is 100% more predictable as both the damage and hit chance is steady. You know about how much damage you will do with explosion ebolt and its unlikely it will get resisted too often. This allows the fighting to be more precise and more optimized. Lastly the fun and skill ceiling is higher and it is a challenge. Learning to put those pots in between spells and landing big combos with stun is a lot of fun and very rewarding.
    Bogugh and Lnomer like this.
  20. Woody III

Woody III Active Member

dexxers suck