Player Run Events

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by RavenMagi, Jul 31, 2019.

1. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Greetings all,
    If anyone is interested in running player events, Labeler has created a discord that we have been using to run public champs. We have hosted public champs and two public harrowers since its been created about 3 or 4 months ago. We have gotten about 15ish people in voice in that discord during the events and an unknown amount not in voice. The naturalist have hidden themselves in there too and have run a couple events : )

In the interest of bringing the community together, facilitating events, and not making 1000 discords for us all to join, if anyone is intersted in using this discord to run events, feel free to contact me. We have done some voting in the discord to see which days / times are best for people and it seems like the best is Friday Nights american time in general. Definately would encourage people to organize them for Friday. With enough interest, we might even be able to get an event every friday.

https://discord.gg/UDnt8PX -LINK TO THE PUBLIC DISCORD
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I want to host some upcoming PvP tourneys and it would be nice if you could setup some voice channels for teams. I'll get with you later on it.
    RavenMagi and CronicaL like this.
  3. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Follow the link in my signature if you need a place to host an event.
    RavenMagi likes this.
  4. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

If it's in the interest of bringing the community together and "not making 1000 discords" then why did you guys go ahead and create another Discord server? We should all be utilizing the official one so that everyone in the community is aware of these events. Why do you think we have the #announcement channel, the ability to join ranks to get notifications, etc?

Why did people complain so long for an official UO:R Discord server only to create and advertise some new public event UO:R Discord of their own?

You could have simply reached out to me if you needed something specific setup in terms of a channel, roles, notifications, etc -- I could have even worked on updating the bot if needed. What specifically did you need that can only be obtained by running your own server and making everyone join yet another Discord server?

Imagine being new to UO:R, joining up on Discord, seeing the voice chat full of people running some player event. To not use the actual official UO:R Discord server for this type of stuff -- I dunno, maybe I'm alone on this but I just don't get it.
    NCCML likes this.
  5. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

the main problem was too much drunkenness in the Main UOR discord and the inability to moderate the voice.. It wasn't an every time thing, but more of a 2 or 3 times thing, from people that aren't even really playing here anymore, where it just made more sense to have an option for both. Rather than asking for moderation privledges on the UOR discord or someone to always be there to moderate it, it makes more sense to do it elsewhere. Plentimon did recommend we hop in voice over in the main and we should have, but with everything else going on its easy to forget.