Player Vendor popular item questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Momo, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Momo

Momo Member

Hi,

I started a Alchemy, Cooking, Inscription character. And I would like to know some things about selling crafted items to players by vendors.

1) Which are the top popular products (5 to 10) that this character can make, and whats the good price for them. I have never bought potions or scrolls...

2) I could not find any place that has high traffic, in which i could place a house. So how do i advertise my location? It would be awefully hard to describe in forum, a location that is not close to any landmarks.

3) Where do i find items like masks and deer hats to sell?

4) I do not want to do BOD stuff yet. Would having a player vendor at a remote location a viable way of making gold?

5) Are there any items that a Bard/Mage can aquire that is worth selling, other than magic weapons and armors?

Thank you in advance!
  2. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Have you considered surveying your "competition?

Get to know the lay of the land a bit and explore the high traffic vendor houses for awhile. Survey their goods and note prices for a week, maybe two. Compare your notes over time and see what products move and what products don't. Then you'll have a (albeit rough) idea.

Sometimes a vendor location owner will hire a vendor for a specific array of products... sometimes the space for said merchant is even free to the provider if the owner is the type that understand drawing more visits is a win/win.

G'luck.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  4. Momo

Momo Member

Thank you Orion and Wylwrk!

These help me quite a bit. Thanks!
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

one solution to this is finding a vendor shoppe in high traffic area, and see if you can get friended to it. Admittedly, this is a tough task for newer players trying to get to know the lay of the land, establish their own name, and learn whos who. But I have been able to place vendors at Brit Moongate and Yew locations before thanks to the kindness of the shoppe owners.

good luck out there

wylwrk likes this.
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Honestly with Alchemy, Cooking and Inscription you are looking at a tough time making a lot of gold, however if you are interested, full spellbooks and full kegs (Greater Cure, Greater Heal etc) sell for a decent amount (between 4-6k/ea).

Finding a good vendor location will be hard, however you might have a bit more luck asking players with vendor houses for a spot in their house.

The generic Deer/Bear/Tribal/Orc masks come from treasure chests or locked chests which can be opened via lockpicking, Masks of Orcish Kin can found as loot on orc mobs.

Unfortunately a player vendor in a remote location is not likely to make a lot of gold unless you have some great items for sale.

Absolutely - we have mini-bosses and all sorts of event monsters that appear throughout the world, most of them have a chance (albeit very low) of dropping incredibly cool things like statues/rares etc.
    eherruh likes this.