Please fix Vendor List

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by RyuSen, Dec 11, 2017.

1. RyuSen

RyuSen New Member

Just Leaving This Here :)

http://www.uorenaissance.com/vendor_list

The tab suppose to show what vendor is selling, where he/she is selling and how much.

I think it's kinda painful these days to find stuff we need cause there are so many vendors spread out the world, also forums and irc chat is a bit slow and not all the people in server is using either of those.

So fixing this brilliant thing soon would do crazy good to renaissance community.

Thank you
  2. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't think that shit ever worked the way you say. Rather you can set a category on your vendor and that's what was listed. I may be way off.
  3. RyuSen

RyuSen New Member

I do not well remember aswell, but i do remember i found few items i need and bought it from the vendor it shows something like that
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

It used to work. There used to be a way to advertise vendors on the website too, that also worked.

Kind of not worth the developer manpower to fix it I thinks.
    One likes this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  6. Soear

Soear Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind working with something like this. The problem is the data collection though.

There's a few things we could do in irc with the data once collected
    1. As @One hinted, searching for products/item types - for instance "!vendors rares" would return a list of vendors that sell rares.
    2. Random adverts - putting the link and description of a random vendor into chat on a timed loop.
    So basically for any vendor you would ideally have the following details: name of vendor, categories of products stocked, location of vendor (coordinates), short description/advert, (optional) link to thread wtih details.

I suppose this could be done either in a thread here, although managing a thread can get a bit messy.
    I can give it a bash, is that something people would want? If people provide coordinates to vendors then we could also have a uoam map file.
    One likes this.
  7. RyuSen

RyuSen New Member

Great ideas coming up
    One likes this.
  8. fourtwentypm

fourtwentypm Active Member

ill be getting in touch with you soon. but gotta make that irl money and today is my b-day. so i might be on really late or on tomorrow